Thursday, 23 May 2013

Welcome to Thursday - hope it's a good one!

Morning folks,

Yesterday I showed some materials received from my trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and it was my task to turn them in to an ATC to return to Pam ..... some of you may be interested to see what I turned them in to .....



ADDITIONAL Materials used:
  • Off cut of pink-y beige glitter card
  • Martha Stewart edging punch (from a PATP set)
  • cArt-us bumble bee stamped once on to the tag and a second time on to yellow card and cut out (so I didn't have to fiddle with cutting around the legs and antenna!)
  • Crop-a-dile to punch a small hole in the russet card layer and then a white sugared brad to attach the tag to that layer
  • Crystal stickles applied to the wings and glossy accents to the body of the bee
  • Once the bee was dry I curled the wings (using my trusty pokey tool) before applying Aleene's tacky glue to the body only and sticking directly over the previously inked image
  • I coloured the honey pot using alcohol inks (it really WAS that pale in the photo below) and a Faber Castell Pitt pen ("S" thickness)
  • Magenta "stalk" image stamped randomly across the bottom using Versacolour gold

Forgotten what Pam sent me? Here they are again ...

The item on the right IS the honey pot - honestly!
Hope you approve .... of course, the next stage is to return my ATC along with some materials to make another ATC which she will then return to me. Once I have her take on my materials I then send her my original and so on - you with me?

My outgoing materials

What I'm sending to Pam:
  • Neon pink card off cut run through my big shot inside a "lizard print" embossing folder
  • Neon pink/yellow/green card die cut in to chevrons - interesting to give Pam a choice
  • Close to my Heart child playing and sentiment both stamped on to offcuts of white card using Versafine onyx black ink

Maybe, when I'm done making my own ATC I'll share that too - I'm reasonably sure Pam doesn't follow my blog!

Happy Thursday

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing! Lx

clare said...

Your ATC turned out really well.x

Lilian said...

great Kathy. Its really has turned out great. Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Great fun.

Aileen said...

So cute. x

Lesley Thomas said...

You made a great ATC from what appeared to be such dull materials.

You are being really kind sending her your colourful selection.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

You did a great job Kathy.

Hugs
Sarn xxx