Before I crack on with this post I should like to welcome my latest follower, pearshapedchris, thanks for your lovely comment yesterday and for following me, hope you will stop by again soon.
And welcome to another weekend - it's the Balloon Fiesta weekend here this weekend and the mass ascents take place at 06:00 and 18:00 - we're hoping to see lots of lovely hot air balloons, from the comfort of our own home!
And whilst I've been waiting I've not been idle! .... here comes another photo heavy post so - time to make that coffee BEFORE you sit down ....
|My finished card|
|A close up of the sparkle on the image panel|
|The co-ordinating insert and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 14½cm square lime green card panel
- 14cm square black card panel (x2 including insert)
- 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
- Snippets of white and black card (2 of each, 1 large and 1 small)
- Distress Ink in twisted citron applied to the larger snippet of white card, using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad
- Using the same pad and ink I applied this over the base colour through the TCW mini cell theory stencil
- Visible Image scribbled circle (from their Universal set) stamped using Adirondack citrus ink
- Taking the smaller snippet I stamped the Stamplorations sentiment (from their HAPPY sentiment builder set) using Memento tuxedo black ink and then sponged leftover twisted citron ink to lose some of the stark "whiteness"
- I applied Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to the image panel before attaching to my base card, I then added the sentiment panel using dimensional foam tape and then highlighted the scribbled circles (freehand) with crystal stickles to give add pzazz and sparkle!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- CAS-ual Fridays - challenge CFC142 - Pretty Patterns
- Crafting for all Seasons - challenge No. 107 - BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL
- Clear It Out challenge - August 4th - ANYTHING GOES
- Try It On Tuesday - August 4th challenge - USE STENCILS (2nd entry)
- Quick Quotes - Friday challenge No. 54 - REPEATING SHAPES ... not sure whether this one will be invalid as I have used my shape more than three times .....
|And up close and personal!!!|
- White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Hero Arts circle stamped using Memento tangelo ink
- Carabelle image (SMI0126) and Precious Remembrance Shop image (from their new day set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Paper Artsy splatter stamped using Memento dandelion ink
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 236 - THE EYES HAVE IT .... don't forget it's One Layer Card week this week too ... can't tell you how many times I've made a card before realising this!
- Brown Sugar - challenge No. 158 - ANYTHING GOES
- Sister Act - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES
- Left of Centre - challenge No. 90 - INSPIRED BY A MOVIE ... I went with an oldie starring Faye Dunaway ... The EYES of Laura Mars!!!
And the Shawn the Sheep Trail continue .. it was a pleasant evening on Wednesday (with nothing on the TV) so we headed out in search of more Shawn's ... here's what we found:-
|"Melon-ie" sited in the Staple Hill area of the city!|
|"Two Hoots" - at Snuff Mills|