Saturday, 19 May 2012

It's SATURDAY and that means new challenges ...

Hi all,

It's challenge Saturday and my usual challenges have been the sketchie over on Craft Mad and Loving It and the CAS challenge on Simply Less Is More - both fab challenges. Sadly, the CMLI weekly challenge finished in early May but a new monthly challenge is scheduled to start the first Saturday in June. HOWEVER, as a member of the Design Team, I had already made my card for this weeks planned challenge so I thought I would share it with you anyway. I'm excited to see what the group members come up with, for the new monthly challenge.

And here is my card for the now defunct CMLI challenge ..........



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • Yellow card cut slightly smaller than base card and an 11cm long strip edged both sides with Martha Stewart edging punch  from a PATP set
  • DCWV glitter patterned card, from Nana's kitchen stack panel cat slightly smaller than yellow panel
  • DCWV champagne coloured glitter card cut in to a 3 x 11cm panel
  • DCWV linen effect card panels in lilac, pink and lime - one of the lilac panels was run through the swiss dots embossing folder
  • An image I acquired in New Zealand was inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using alcohol markers and Wink of Stellar glitter pen - isn't he just the CUTEST little bear????
  • Martha Stewart button punch cut from yellow card and threaded with narrow satin ribbon in lime
Yesterday my dear (long suffering) husband took me to a Scrap Booking and Stamping Expo in Kissimmee at the Gaylord Palms. Sadly, the journey there was fraught with traffic problems due to two bad accidents on motorways but, thankfully, we weren't directly involved in either and were able to find an alternate route with only minimum disruption. I got to speak to the lovely Margaret from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle and also to one of her cohorts and to watch her daughter doing a demo using some of their great products too. Needless to say, I SHOPPED!!! I can't show you everything I bought as some of it is planned as a Christmas gift for a crafting pal. Here are a couple of pix of the show and one of the HUGE hotel it was held at .... ENJOY








Happy Saturday, don't forget to check out the new Clean And Simple challenge over on Simply Less Is More too, as well as checking back here, to see what I come up for Chrissie and Mandi's new challenge which, this week, is to make a CAS card for a baby or a child!! YIKES.


4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you had a fab time and so glad you weren't caught up in those accidents yourselves. xox

Annie said...

I love the colours on your card, and you obviously had a great time. Crafty stuff just brightens my day, and reading or hearing about other people's crafty experiences are so encouraging too.

Love and hugs

Annie x

Lilian said...

Kathy. love the card its so colourful. Glad you avoided the accidents Hugs lilian

Debs M said...

great card, fab shopping too! x