Saturday, 5 May 2012

Morning and welcome to Challenge Saturday

Morning,

Sad news readers, today is the last weekly challenge from the Design team over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It. The lovely ladies on the present DT have been doing this weekly challenge for almost two years and have decided that (for many reasons) it is time for some fresh ideas. So, HUZZAH, a phoenix has risen from the ashes and there will be a new monthly challenge from the first Saturday in June. I'm honoured that it has fallen to me to present this last weekly challenge. I have selected a Clean And Simple card and a theme of DOMESTIC ANIMALS - so, have some fun with it folks. Here's my card.



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" scallop edged 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Twine wrapped round card and tied in a knot off centre
  • Penny Black image inked in Memento rich cocoa and coloured using pro markers
  • Kraft card and black card to mat and layer
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black.
Over on the Simply Less Is More blog there's a new challenge unveiled at 08:00 every Saturday so why not head over and check it out and, while you're at it, why not check back with me later and see what (if anything) I came up with for their new challenge too!!! This week is their colour challenge and they've chosen the colour YELLOW!

Yesterday dawned bright and sunny - just as well really since hubby wanted to attend an air show in nearby Lakeland! Once at Linder airfield he was going to be outside till I collected him again around 3:30!! So, I sent him off in long sleeves and long trousers (he wore shorts last time and came home all red and lobsterlike - not a great or particularly safe look!!) and armed with sunscreen and water but I just knew he wouldn't use the sunscreen, must be a man thing! Me? I had a pretty fab day lined up once I had the car keys! I headed off to the mighty Violettes where I received a warm welcome from Diana, the owner. She stocks some great stamps manufacturers and has just taken delivery of some dylusions inks, templates and stamps - so I relieved her of a particularly lush turquoise ink spray and one or two other things (see photo below). I was in there for an hour and I shall be back there on Sunday for the Violettes garage sale where people rent a table to sell off their no longer wanted "stuff" - Diana tells me she has 40 tables booked for this event already!! YIPPEE - I have to be able to find more stuff to buy ...... don't I? Especially since, on leaving Violettes I visited Michaels, Joann's and HobbyLobby and left each of those empty handed despite the fact I had 40% discount vouchers in my possession - does this mean I have too much stuff???? Hope not. Anyhoo, from there I headed to the Lakeside village where I pottered about for an hour or so and enjoyed lunch at Phillyburgers - though it was surely not the healthiest lunch I ever had - but pretty yummy. And suddenly it was time to go collect hubby. As predicted he was hot, sticky and thirsty so I shared my still icy cold Pibb with him as we headed for home and threw ourselves in the pool to both cool down and freshen up - bargain! Then it was beer o'clock - what a smashing day - check out the shopping.


Happy Saturday

5 comments:

Debs M said...

sounds like a fabulous day indded!!!! fab new stash too x

Shirley-anne said...

Love that CAS card ...too cute doggy.
Awesome new stuff . Like the look of the envelope dress ups .
hugs Shirley-Anne

baileyrosy said...

Sounds like your having a ball !! Lucky you

Marie

Brenda Brown said...

A cute card Kathy and what a day, you must have been exhausted all that shopping lol.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Cherry said...

I loved hearing about your day and imagining I was with you. What fun you had - a perfect day. Great shopping, you will love that ink spray. Cheers from us in the very damp west of England! Hugs C XXX