Friday, 29 June 2012

TGIF and the Friday Funny

Morning and welcome to Friday - hooray, it's the WEEKEND and (for many of you) the start of the school summer holidays - good luck with that then!

It's a great big ole HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my crafting buddies - ScrappyJacky and her brother are celebrating today.

I hear that parts of the U.K. have been enduring some rather freaky weather in the last 24/48 hours and some of the footage shown on TV certainly looks HORRENDOUS. If you're in that area then do take care and try to stay out of the flood waters, though I appreciate that this may be easier said than done.

Yesterday I posted an old photograph of me, taken in 1983 - how I loved that jumper! Anyway, it gave me a bit of inspiration with the brown and the black and the dots and so .... off I went, to my table of craftiness and here's the resulting card ....


Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • DCWV metallic dot card edged with an EK success ring binder punch
  • Black card for matting and distressed at the edges using a Tim Holtz distressing tool.
  • White card for my image panel:
  • Dark Room Door dot image "inked" using a glue stick (briefly heat dried) and then Vintage Photo distress ink applied.
  • Baby wipe used to remove excess ink/resist glue
  • Marion Emberson floral image inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Bronze satin ribbon loop




Here's a reminder of the photo!!!

Hope you like it - I think it turned out rather more masculine than I set out to achieve but hey .... mens cards are always handy!

This is my 1000th post since I started blogging and I decided that I should mark the occasion, so, I have some candy on offer .......... If you leave a comment on my blog between the time I post this and midnight on Sunday July 8th 2012 I will enter your name in to my draw. I'm sorry but I also reckon that you need to be more than just a first time visitor to my blog to be eligible. The winner will be announced on Monday July 9th, 2012. EDITED TO READ: I've 18 names in the draw so far (Friday morning) and it closes on the 8th so you still have a couple of days to enter!

I may add a few more bits like ribbons etc ..... see how many people leave me messages!

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Pat Gilson - thanks Pat - ENJOY!!! It came to me in e-mail form and was entitled : LIFE LESSON ........



As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,




But pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Happy Friday, have a great weekend - I intend to!!

18 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Thanks for the mention....and the lovely card,Kathy.
I love your brown card....but still think a scrap page is in order!!
And many congrats on your 1000th post....that really sounds a lot....I've never actually checked how many I've done!!

clare said...

...lol! Funny Friday love it! Fab card kathy. Congrats on your 1000 posted and lovely candy too. X

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I like your jumper-inspired ATC xxx

Junibears said...

I am still laughing at your funny Kathy!
I love the photo of you and the card you made. Congrats on your 1000 th, post! Hugs xx

Lilian said...

The card is really nice Kathy well done. Congratulations on your 1000 post. Love the funny kathy. Really made me laugh and we could all do with that. Hugs lilian

Violets Corner said...

Congrats on your 1000 posts Kathy!

The card is fab, love the pic of you.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Debs M said...

great card..wow how many posts??? bet you have made that many cards too!! x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Don't you just love looking back at the old photo's? I think a scrap page would be great with this one, you could include your card, which by the way is a really pretty one !! Congrats on the 1,000 posts woah!! That's a lot!! Brill candy too :0) Have a great weekend, Gay xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card and awesome inspiration !! Well done on achieving such a milestone postings count - you are way ahead of me !! Each and everyone of the 1000 have been well worth stopping by to read !!

Loved the friday funny - sooooo true ;oD

luv
wynneth
x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,you are always up for a laugh and I bet we would hit,it off brilliantly,you look,really shy on the photo Hun love the glasses,super cool well done on your 1000 Th post Hun,you should scrap this like the,others have suggested love the card you made,super stamp hugs Cherylxxx

Cherry said...

Way to go Kathy, as Wynneth says I have loved all 1000 of them. Great creation and love the browns. Photo is fab too. Hugs Cherry Xxx

Carole said...

Hi Kathy, I couldn't resist adding a comment ... what a delightful way to start my morning with "Life Lesson."
Congrats on your 1000th post, well done.

Inkyfingers said...

I love that floral image on your lovely card Kathy and your joke has left me with a big daft grin on my face!

butlersabroad said...

Wow, 1000 posts, congrats. That's a lot, but having said that I'm at 664, that's not bad either! I was more than surprised to see those Cranes in the water too, perhaps next time they visit you in Florida invite them into the pool, lol! That older photo of you looks about right for a UK holiday at the end of June! A bit like this year in fact!

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, a fabulous card with great photo and a generous candy to boot. Thanks for your continued blogging and congrats on your 1000 post.
hugs {brenda} xox

Diane said...

Fab card...love the inspiration and as I'm now off to work I will take your thought with me....I will have to show my friend she will appreciate the sentiment!!!! After last Saturday morning despite whateverwe did....we certainly didn't seem to be pleasing anyone :0)

Katina said...

Hi Kathy, I love your card! Great stamp and colours and such a stylish design.

Thanks for the chance to win such gorgeous candy too.
xxx

Kathryn said...

Ab fabby card :) love the pic ha ha x