Sunday, 22 January 2012

Afternoon and welcome to Sunday

Hi there and welcome to Sunday,

Over on Craft Mad and Loving It I am the Guest Design Team Member this week and it falls to me to post the Sunday themed challenge and, this week, I've picked WHEELS - for my fellow CMLI-ers to make of it what they will! I had originally planned on transport but, if my memory serves me well, I think this topic may already have been used. With wheels I DID think that the more lateral thinkers could include ferris wheels (or the London Eye by Crafty Individuals for those lucky enough to own that image!) or even cog wheels ....... I'm sure there are even more - the World is your lobster!!!! If you fancy having a go then do pop over (you'll have to join craftbubble if you haven't already) and check out everyone else's entries.

On the Simply Less Is More blog the ongoing challenge (posted yesterday) is "CUT IT OUT" and I have yet to have a go at this challenge as yesterday was a bit busy.

So, this mornings make actually encompasses both challenges as it has wheels AND an aperture!


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • 4.5cm circular die used to cut aperture in the front of my base card
  • Dimension Fourth image inked in Memento london fog once on the inside of the aperture and once in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out
  • Pro Markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens used to colour image
  • Kaisercraft sentiment inked in Memento london fog


The above image and sentiment was also inked on the envelope and the sentiment used again inside the card to co-ordinate - Voila! A masculine card!! Hope you like it.


We had guests coming to dinner and staying overnight so there was frantic primping of the purple palace in readiness. Our friends had been away on a cruise, over Christmas, taking in sights of Thailand, Vietnam and China and we wanted to hear ALL about it. We do love cruising and hope that this dreadful tragedy with the Costa Concordia won't deter us from taking another at some point. Dinner was a mild curry as our friend Sandra has only recently agreed to try this style of cuisine - she LOVED IT!!!! Mr K served a very mild chicken korma with poppy and sesame seeds - yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 
We also exchanged our Christmas gifts so now Mr K has his very own breadmaker and I have a gorgeous silk scarf and robe (bet you will NEVER ..... EVER guess what colour it might be!?) as well as a silk purse and some fancy Liz Earle toiletries.

Hope you are all enjoying a fabulous Sunday. BTW, I heard from the pal who's at Littlecote and she's having a great time - she was just about to take in a wine tasting session when I got her text!


33 comments:

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy. I love this card, you do clean and simple so perfectly
Hugz Fleur xXx

Valerie said...

What a brilliant male card and so cleverly cut out Kathy! I got a breadmaker for Xmas too and it's amazing. Came down this morning to a wonderful aroma:)
Val x

Chrissie said...

This is just terrific Kathy!
It's a great card for a chap!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Rachelxx said...

Beautifully CAS - Great card!

Margreet Havinga said...

Hai Kathy,

This is a great card! I loved it.

Margreet

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy, great card and the image is super and so unusual, fab work as always.

Marie

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, fantastic CAS card, great idea the moto in the circle, well done Katthy.
Awarm hug from Palma

Louise said...

Oh this is fab, what a great idea to sit the bike over an aperture! TFS x

Bea said...

what a clever interpretation - great card for a guy

Margaret said...

Fab card Kathy
Margaret x

catherine said...

a great card today. What wongerful gifts you have received and glad you enjoyed your friends coming over
x catherine

Louise said...

GREAT male card. The apeture behind the image really sets it off. I'm in need of male inspiration- off to make a card for Dad's birthday (might be a sketchie) x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

gorjuss kathy, love the biker image, I bet your scarf was Purple !!

Kathyk said...

You're not wrong ..... it was indeed PURPLE!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love the bike and on the cut out it's highlighted it beautifully. Congrats on the new purple accessories I did guess they would be purple LOL Gay xxx

Katiejane said...

What a great weekend, the curry sounds delicious and the card is a perfect addition to your male stack of cards.
I've always wanted to go on a cruise, but after recent events I'm in two minds! Such a shame and such a tragedy.
Hope you had a great weekend.
Katie x

Jan said...

Fab card xx Jan

scrappyjacky said...

Am loving all your CAS cards,Kathy....another great one.

Amelia said...

What a beautiful card for a guy Kathyk. The aperture really pop the image. Great job.
Amelia

Suze Bain said...

Love this Kathy, the motorbike is fab. xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab card and a brill idea for a male card -they are so hard to design for aren't they!x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Kathy, love the bike
Beryl x

Meadie said...

I love your bike card, its fabulous x x

Mandi said...

Superb card Kathy, great use of an aperture, it looks so effective

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Love your motorbike card Kathy, perfect male card. x

Viv's Visuals said...

Brilliant card - was the robe green???????LOL!

Kathyk said...

Strangely enough ....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cheryl said...

oh gosh Kathy Hun this is one stunning CAS card just adore this hugs Cherylxxxx

Julie said...

Hi Kathy,thanks for paying me a visit earlier,you know,I tried that blooming sentiment in so many positions on my card front,even between the swirls as you suggested,nothing looked quite right. I wish I had stuck to my guns and stayed sentiment free but instead listened to my daughter. Oh well,another time... lol!
I Just love the image you used here, works brilliantly!Catch you later,Julie.x

Christine said...

A great card you have maded! And yes I used a Darkroom Door stamp.
Christine

Michelle said...

Great card Kathy, love the place,ent of the apature xx

Suzi B said...

fabulous male card, great cutting!
suzi b :)

Lizy said...

Oooh fab Kathy! Love it! :)
Lizy x