Monday, 12 September 2011

Happy Monday

Hi there,

LAZY (lazy lazy) day here at the house of purpleness yesterday, didn't even bother to get dressed till gone 5 pm.!And then only because we spotted the deliberate flaw in our plan for chicken and pasta for dinner - the flaw was ...... no pasta!!! Headed off to Publix to rectify that and then back to veg out to the NCIS marathon before bed. Did manage a card and a few ATC's, some of which I like better than others now they're finished.


Materials used:
  • C5 white card and matching envelope
  • Panel of lilac card
  • Panel of white ribbed card, inked with Memento lulu lavender and corner punched with an MS punch
  • Michaels lilac satin ribbon
  • Michaels white doily
  • Image from my collection (source unknown) and coloured using marvy alcohol markers
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked using Memento grape jelly


Materials used:
  • ATC canvas effect blank coloured using water soluble wax crayons and blended using a baby wipe
  • Tim Holtz lines image inked with Memento lilac posies
  • Hampton Art image and Inkadinkado sentiment inked with Memento tuxedo black
  • Faber Castell Pitt artist pen used to draw the frame freehand
  • Gold acrylic paint applied to an inkadinkado circle stamp and also to the edge of an acrylic block to add circles and lines

Hope you like my above works - the Table of Craftiness is working hard! I like the canvas textured ATC's and the unevenness of the inking but the photographs just make them look ..... pants! I made two others using a previously colored image from The Greeting Farm and some DCWV card (bit too technique free and simple to want to post), a pre inked witch image and some more DCWV card (yep, using up some scraps!!) and one using inchies and freehand drawing and the jury's still out on whether I like that one but, if you look at my slide show you can spot them all!!!

Nothing planned to today but I just might hit HobbyLobby as I have a discount voucher burning a hole in my pocket. Happy Monday, dear readers - I hear it's pretty windy in the U.K. today - stay safe everyone and to the crafting buddy winging her way stateside, I hope it shortens your flight matey!

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Howdy! It is indeed a tad windy in the UK today but in a good way. It's sunny, fairly balmy and refreshingly windy. I LOVE this sort of weather. It's bliss!

Loving your work Kathy. Your second project is particularly scrummy if I may say so. I love everything about it. Lx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card and your canvas project Kathy...

Anne

scrappyjacky said...

Some gorgeous purpleness here!

Debs M said...

great atc's and yes it's windy here!!

Dora said...

These are gorgeous Kathy, love the first one, it is really sweet... and well done on having a lazy day ha ha :) enjoy xxx

Katiejane said...

Now this is how I imagine you looked as a child, all dressed in purple! Loving your "Purple" inspired post, lots of lovely shades going on.
Pasta for us tonight too, but swimming lessons first! Enjoy your day Kathy.
Katie x