Sunday, 18 September 2011

Hi there and welcome to Sunday morning here in Florida

Hi there,

I WAS planning to head out on to the pool deck with my book this morning but then spotted two things ..... one was a themed challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It (set this week by Clare), which is "THREE OF A KIND" so I wanted to crack on with this and the other was that my was was blocked by one of the cute little gecko's climbing on the screen door - presumably trying to get in! So, I decided to craft first! Besides, Ihave the BAH HUMBUG "Flourishes and Swirls" challenge as well as the lovely ladies over at Simply Less Is More are also trying to get 1000 entries for this week's "ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE" so I decided to make mine Clean And Simple too .....


Materials used:
  • C5 white card and matching envelope
  • Panel of DCWV textured metallic card
  • Panel of white Bristol board on to which I stamped my Recollections bauble three times using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Marvy alcohol markers to colour and glossy accents to give the shine
  • Recollections sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to my base card (I also stamped this image on to the envelope)
  • Sakura gelly roll silver glitter pen to highlight the flourishes and crystal stickles to highlight the leaves

No good, Eddy was still loitering on the screen door blocking my way. I should point out that I'm not afraid of them ..... I just didn't want to disturb him!


I looked out the front door and saw two headless birds and a mail box with a head!!!, very surreal!


Happy Sunday everyone - enjoy your day, whatever you are up to.


10 comments:

Lilian said...

Card is good kathy. I love the headless birds and a letter box with a head. You sure where in the right place at the right time.
Take care Lilian xx

Sandy said...

Hi, its 1.29 a.m. Monday morning here, should be in bed LOL - love the baubles on your card and what great pics of your wildlife too,
Sandy

Chrissie said...

Lovely shiny baubles Kathy and fabulous pictures of the creatures in your neck of the woods.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Brenda Brown said...

Love the different coloured shiny baubles on your card Kathy.
What a great photo of the birds - headless chickens comes to mind.
Have a great day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautious Baubles Kathy. I really do love those. The glaze gives wonderful dimension too.

Lovely Eddie pics and so exciting to see you've obviously discovered some new and rare wildlife out there. Fascinating....

Lx

Fiona said...

Fabulous card - great photos too. x

Mandi said...

Super jcard, those baublesa re FAB
Not liking some of the wildlife lol
Thank you for entierng our challenge for 1000 entries!

Mandi
"Less is More"

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, a very pretty design & I love the way you've glossed the baubles. Great photos too.
Sally x

Susan said...

So, you're back in Florida again? I just got back from a trip to Sanibel Island. The weather was a little rough while we were there since Lee was passing by.

Love the Christmas baubles...a fab card!

Erica said...

So pretty and Christmasy.