Sunday, 11 September 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday

Hi there readers,

Welcome to new follower, Kath, hope you will find reasons to pop back from time to time too.

It's morning with me though it may not be for many of my readers in the U.K., being five hours ahead of me!
Last evening we were out with our neighbours, Sally and Roger, and we headed to a restaurant called Bahama Breeze. I had a rather tasty concoction of buttermilk fried chicken with cheese and spinach - mmmm. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the beer wasn't bad either, it was back to Sally and Roger's afterwards for drinkies and chat - a very pleasant evening

I decided to have a second go at the Simply Less Is More challenge of "Seeing Double" and, in this case, it's the baubles ....



Materials used:
  • Michaels C5 white card and envelop
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen to draw the string from which to "hang" my baubles
  • Michaels Christmas baubles and mistletoe inked in Brilliance pearlescent inks
  • Inkadinkado Christmas sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
I have also inked the blue bauble from a freehand "string" on the insert and envelope as well as stamping a Seasons Greetings, to co-ordinate the look. Hope you like it.

On a bit of an ATC roll - must be the arrival of the Table of Craftiness and decided that yesterday's Tim Holtz purchases simply HAD to come in to play ..... again!!



Materials used:
  • Canvas effect ATC blank
  • Water soluble was crayons in pink, purple, yellow and umber - blended with a baby wipe
  • All images are by Tim Holtz and applied using: Memento inks in tuxedo black and lilac posies and Cats Eyes chalk inks in sand and coral
  • I used a Faber Castell Pitt artist pen for the doodles
  • Gold metallic paint applied to the round lid from an ink pad and the edge of an acrylic block to add interest to the ATC
I am soooooooooooo loving both the Clean And Simple style and the art journaling style! In fact I really cannot decide which I prefer ..... and yet, they're so different!

Woo Hoo!! And only two more sleeps till a crafting pal heads this way too - thank heavens the Table of Craftiness is fully operational!


Have a Super Sunday all.


22 comments:

Debs M said...

2 great makes but loving the baubles!!!

joanne wardle said...

brilliant card, love the freehand string.
and your ATC is brilliant, really love that

passionatelypink said...

Wow they're both lovely! As you said so different but both so effective! Well done.

Hugs
Rach xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love that ATC,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Loving both Kathy. Absolutely gorgeous work. Lx

Sue said...

Great card Kathy. I love the baubles. Sue.x

Cheryl said...

oh these are just super hun,but must say those baubles are just stunning,hugs cherylxxxxxx

Carol said...

Great baubles Kathy,love the ATC too. Carol x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh you put me in the mood to do an ATC, not done one for ages, Love the card too, Love Hazelxo

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my cards here and here .
Maureen........x

Beryl K said...

Great work Kathy, love your ATC and your LIM card is gorgeous
Beryl x

Katiejane said...

You rock these style Kathy and I love your baubles! Great colour scheme.
It sounds like you are living it up in the lovely Florida. Have an awesome time.
Katie x

Louise said...

Wow Wow Wow these two creations are stunning. Love the Christmas card- the simplity is great and the baubles cute. The ATC is fab- love the TH stamps (on my never ending wish list!) x

Fiona said...

Great cards - love the baubles. xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooooo.... kathy ! two stunning creations from you today. I love the baubles and your doodling and the ATC is totally faberooney :O) Tim Holtz acquisitions? I must check some earlier posts as I think I missed reading about those !!!! Only two more sleeps for me now - whoooooo........... hooooo.............!

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
Just caught up with your posts this week....Nice to see the villa again. Love your crafting table set up in the living room...brings back some very happy memories of the summer holiday for us!
Will be with you in spirit as you shop in Michaels!

laurie said...

Love the seeing double ornaments!

Lilian said...

Two nice cards Kathy well done, I am not a card maker but think it must be difficult trying to get a card done "for more is less" so well done on that.
Take care lilian xxx

Kerryp77 said...

love the atc kathy. x

Marlena M. said...

Very sweet ornaments! I love the way they hang off to the side. ;)

Mandi said...

Those baubles look FAB Kathy, specially off the corner like that.
Am envious of you shopping at Michael's! lol
Good to see you
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

massofhair said...

The 'Table Of Craftiness' has brought good vibes and you are on a great roll...

S T U N N I N G bauble card, so very classy. Really loving your TH inspired ATC, again unique and brilliant:-)