Wednesday, 14 September 2011

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!

Morning,

Decided to make a sort of Halloween card yesterday as I had some new and suitable stamps (in the shape of the drips and splats by Inkadinkado at $1 from Joann's). I tried a background with orange oil pastels but plainly haven't got this blending lark off pat yet so threw that away and went with plan B.


Materials used:
  • White C5 card and envelope
  • DCWV card from the "rockstar" stack
  • Black card panel
  • White card panel coloured with Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Barn Door and Fired Brick
  • Inkadinkado splat inked twice in scattered straw and wild honey
  • Inkadinkado drip scribbled on using the purple water soluble wax crayon and then spritzed before stamping
  • TPC Studio foliage inked in cats eye burnt sienna
  • Hampton Art bird image inked in cats eye burnt sienna
  • Spotty ribbon from Michaels

Yesterday saw us heading out to lunch with our neighbours and we found ourselves at the Elephant Bar & Grill where our server, Cody, made us very welcome. I had the Macadamia crust Mahi Mahi fish and chips which was DELISH!!!




Hope you like it - Happy Wednesday, what's on your Work Desk today? I'm hoping that Wynneth will be SAT at my Work Desk later but, in the meantime, here's how it looks right now.... I should probably clear her a space!!


Laterz peeps, I'm off out to lunch with Sally - leaving hubby at home manning the fort so to speak!

7 comments:

passionatelypink said...

Your cards are amazing, just so beautiful. You're truly a very talented lady!

I love the decor in the restaurant you went to, but being a vegetarian who has a phobia of fish I can't say the same about ur choice of meal. He he he...

Please keep the pics coming I love seeing your gorgeous ideas. xx

scrappyjacky said...

Are you sure there's room for both of you to craft at the table....it looks pretty covered to me?!!

Kathyk said...

I PROMISE I'll clear a small space for Wynneth!

Kathyk

Monica said...

Love your fall card and that restaurant looks so inviting. Thanks for sharing the pics.

xxx Monica

jackid said...

Hi Kathy sorry to hear you're having probs with my blog that's 3 people I know of that is having this problem don't know why or what the problem is.
We are so relieved that the poor mite hasn't got the HIV they would have put him down if he had because of us having Charley. I can't wait for his fur to grow back now Amy and me keep having a fit of the giggles with him now he satrted to play with some toys I got today for him and was wiggling his bum as he went to pounce you wouldn't believe he has just had his manly bits removed bless him
Anyway love the pics of the resturant and that card is beautiful hope you had a great time with Wynneth say hi to her for me
Jacki xx

Sandy said...

Love the colours in your card, and I'm always a sucker for bird images. Beautiful card, Looks like you enjoyed your meal out, fabulous surroundings, love the elephant.
Sandy

Katiejane said...

ha, ha, ha Where is Wynneth going to sit? I'm sure she'll craft on the floor if necessary....you can't stop a hardcore crafter!
Have a fab time ladies.
Oh, and it's Ben that likes to crochet :) Bless him.
Katie x