Thursday, 22 September 2011

Morning and welcome to a rather SUNNY Thursday

Hi there,

Yesterday, hubby dropped me off at Wynneth and Tom's and, collecting Tom, headed off to do some chores whilst Wynneth and I took their car and headed off to Lakeland for the day. Our first port of call was Violettes where Wynneth shopped for England (that's my girl).



Then it was to the Lakeland Mall where I bought a dress and shrug for next week's cruise.


Onwards and northwards to Michaels and then Joann's. By this point my craft shopping gene kicked in and I made my first craft spend of the day in Joann's ...... $4 on four of their dollar stamps!! Yee Haa!

And then it was off to Applebees for dinner and two for one drinkies!!! Cheers!



Having had the Silver Streak (aka Wynneth) "in da house" so to speak, has encouraged me to get inky a lot more this last day or so and I thought I would love to share some of my creations with you, using stamps old and new. The first piece, an ATC, uses one of my newest images - acquired just days ago on the foray to Sparkle n' Sprinkle .......


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Marvy alcohol pens to colour
  • Martha Stewart glue pen and glamour dust
  • Faber Castell Pitt artist pen to write sentiment
  • Distress Inks in Barn Door and Fired Brick
And this card below was inspired by Wynneth's play session with the same set which made me realise just how adorable this bear is and ink him up myself ..... for the first time but (surely) not the last! I've also added him as my fifth and probably final entry for the LIM 1000+ challenge.


Materials used:
  • C6 cream card and matching envelope
  • Panel of blue card edged with an EK success punch
  • White Bristol board panel edged with Brilliance mediterranean blue ink
  • Recollections bear image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Brilliance Mediterranean Blue
  • Marvy le plume II pens to add a little colour to the bear and to create the illusion of ice
  • Crystal stickles
And another ATC - again using that sweet bear ...


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Recollections bear and snowflake images inked in Memento tuxedo black and Brilliance lavender
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Brilliance Mediterranean Blue
  • Marvy le plume II pens to create the illusion of ice
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Have a fabulous day everyone


7 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh these are super cards hun just love those images those bears are so cute hugs cherylxxxx

Debs M said...

fab cards and pics, love the dress!! can't get on cb today! x

Katiejane said...

Cor blimey, you do keep yourself busy Mrs. Loving your dress, I bet you are really looking forward to the cruise. Good to see you had a good shop. super bargains!
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy

Lots of fab pics there as well as some beautiful art work.

LOVE your newest stamp acquisitions and that gorgeous dress. Looks like you had an absolute ball yesterday.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Just love the 'Santa baby'....not to mention that lovely dress.

Mandi said...

Oh Kathy that craft shop!!! *sigh*
Love the dress,
Oh love the card too btw!
Continued huge thanks
Mandi
LIM

Chrissie said...

Great to see you're all having a great time. Cards are pretty cool too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"