Thursday, 1 September 2011

Morning - Thursday already!

Hi all,

Blimey, you learn something new every day don't you? How long have I been blogging? That's one of those rhetorical questions - honestly, I DON'T expect you to know the answer to that (since June 2010 is the answer though!). Yesterday I happened across a dialogue between SallyB and ScrappyJacky which involved the size of photographs (apparently size DOES matter!) ...... Sally fixed her issue and then Katina said something about adjusting the widths on your blogger template ....... LIGHTBULB moment!! No idea how to do it but I wanted to find out and off I went. NOW I can have Xtra large pix in my blog AND I can separate my two sidebars which occasionally merged - I'm a happy bunny - thanks to SallyB, ScrappyJacky and Katina - YAY!!! If none of that makes any sense to you then ...... maybe wait a year and it will!

This morning my latest issue of Craft Stamper arrived with it's fab little freebie stamp by Stampotique attached ...... leafed through and was taken by one of the examples using this free stamp, a card by Joanne Wardle, so I set off to make my own version of her card.



Materials used:
  • C6 300gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • Stampotique star image inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to the base card and a frame drawn round it and cut out with a craft knife
  • Post it's to make a frame on the base card which I then coloured using Distress Ink in Barn Door
  • Studiog sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the red panel
  • Kaisercraft glittered water droplet to embellish
  • Crystal stickles to embellish star
  • Inside of card lined with DCWV Christmas paper
  • White panel of card with corners rounded and coloured with Barn Door to match before inking my sentiment again in the centre of the panel. The sentiment was also inked once more to embellish the envelope

Hope you like it ..... I suspect this stamp may get used again .... and again ...... and again!

You know I told you that we went to a steak house and were like Billy No Mates with a complete lack of drinkers and/or diners? Well, in case you thought I was exaggerating..... here's a photo of my Billy No Mates impression ........ and my "Bud"!!! What you can see through the window is the stage door of the Bristol Hippodrome theatre.


Last evening saw us dining with a 50% increase in people!! Our friend (and neighbour) Jenny came round to dinner - Steve did his usual most excellent job and we had a very pleasant evening. Now, our friend is hoping to move whilst we're away so this was almost like a farewell dinner though, obviously, we'll still see her when she moves. Steve did his usual sterling job with a starter of hand made chicken goujons with a mint salsa and peas followed by Chilli pork pasta and a cheesecake (shop bought I'm ashamed to say but he just ran out of time yesterday). Since this was a farewell dinner we opened a bottle of champagne and a pleasant evening was had by all.

This morning Steve had gone to Gloucester, by train, for a hair trim and possible business visit - we shall see. I'm left home alone so ....... wonder what I shall be doing? Hmmm - tough one eh folks?

Hope you are all having a splendid Thursday and welcome to September

12 comments:

clare said...

love your card kathy. x

Karen said...

How do we change the blogs then Kathy, nice card too Mrs.

xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh what a lovely card that is. I love the simplicity of it. FAB! Lx

Debs M said...

great card, what will you be doing.....hmmmmm crafting per chance?

Kerryp77 said...

Fab card Kathy, dinner sounded yummy too!

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you managed to change your widths,Kathy....wish it was so simple in 'real' life....my width could certainly do with changing!!!
Love the card....can't wait for my mag now.

Shirley-anne said...

Hi Kathy , in real life ...yeah its not my width that's the problem it's just that height disadvantage ..LOL
How brave you were to change blog ..
Love the card , brilliant in its simplicity .
Shirley-anne

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Goodness! You were quick off the mark!! Love your take on Joanne Wardle's card.Hope you enjoy using the stamp :0) x Jo

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card - I haven't even opened my CS mag yet, but then I've started back at work today!!! Love the kraft card.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

joanne wardle said...

my comment doesn't seem to have posted. I love this, I'm so pleased that you liked what I did in the magazine. it's a great stamp isn't it?

Riikka said...

Such a great, strinking card! Thank you for your comment in my blog!

fatmonica said...

Brilliant-I love that free stamp too!