Friday, 2 September 2011

TGI Friday peeps - and FRIDAY FUN TIME!!!

Another weekend looming large - got plans?

Where do the weeks go? Hardly seems five minutes since we were all  looking forward to summer (!?) and now the night's are drawing in and there's a tang of autumn in the air and the BBQ's hardly been out of the shed!

Over on Bah Humbug the new challenge posted this morning is: Challenge #35 Xmas sentiments or text - I have JUST the stamp too so MIGHT just sneak one in before the weekend! ....... it's now 30 minutes later and .....


Materials used:
  • C6 300gsm white card and envelope
  • Papermania Christmas pad )
  • DCWV Christmas paper   )   Go Kreate Die cut
  • Silver Mirri card                )   in different sizes
  • White card                        )
  • Crafty Individuals sentiment inked in Brilliance pearlescent ivy
  • Walmart star flourish inked in Brilliance pearlescent poppy
  • Green ribbon
Over on Scrap Addicts it's time for a new challenge, Sarah (aka Tigerfeet) has been having problems accessing the group and hasn't been seen for a while so I'm assuming this is still the case and have posted the following sketch in her stead. If I hear from Sarah then I'll perhaps ask if she'd like to swap with my next slot. Anyway ...... here is my sketch for the layout challenge
  


Starting a run of Christmas cards and made a truly simple one yesterday afternoon, just using double sided tape and glitter - how easy is that?


Materials used:
  • C6 300gsm Kraft card and envelope.
  • Double sided tape
  • Jones Tones ultra fine glitter in red, gold, green and blue
  • Studiog sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to the Kraft card

Hope you like it, I thought about putting a small bauble on the end of each tape line ....... but decided against it on the grounds of the tape width - what do you think? Thought I might have another go but using narrower tape .......

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes courtesy of Lilian - thanks pal! ENJOY

Here's an e-mail that was sent to me..... with the title of "A FAVOUR TO ASK"

Hi !

It is that time of the year again.

I need a small favour ... I wouldn't ask this if you were not such a good friend.

I am going away on holiday, and I need a friend to drop by to water my plants while I am gone. The plants are mostly geraniums and begonias.

If it's not too much trouble, in the hot weather they'll probably only need water once a day.

I'll be gone only a week. I've attached a photo for your reference. I'll send you a post card!

Thanks so much.
.
.
.
.
.
Scroll down
.
.
.
.

Hmm reckon that'll be a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO then!



Happy Friday peeps


17 comments:

Debs M said...

great cards..sorry can't water your plants for you x

Mrs.B said...

Loved this - I'm really surprised you said NOoo!!!
Avril

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hmmmm. Not how to win friends and influence people but so funny.

Gorgeous cards Kathy. I particularly like the Merry and Bright one. Simply gorgeous.

Lx

Brenda Brown said...

You get cards done so quickly Kathy, I would still be umming and erring about what to do in the time it takes you to finish.
Great photo and not surprised the answer would be no unless there was a hose with a wide range sprinkler attached.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda{ xoxox

Katiejane said...

Loooool!
Great creativity too! I love the glitz and would not have added the ball balls, although I'd of thought about it to!
Have a great weekend Kathy!
Katie x

Denise said...

Juat found your lovely blog - you have some amazing creations here !

Sandy said...

I wonder how they would water them? Love your chrissie cards, a fab stamp on the first one and a clever idea using DS tape on the second.
Sandy

Sandra said...

Great cards, love the text stamp.
Sandra

Kerryp77 said...

Lol, lol, Lol
Fab cards and i'd love to see if you go for the thin glitter with baubles.

Viv said...

Great cards and oh myyyyyyyyyyyyy all those plants to water.... mine are bad enough:O) Viv xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two faberooney chrimbo cards young kathy - loving the glittery one (what a brill idea !) and I also have the same sentiment you used on the first one. The friday funny made smile ;o)

luv
wynneth
x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Funny email from your friend! I LOVE that simple glittery Xmas card, Kathy. That was genius.

laurie said...

That glitter card is awesome!

Barb said...

Kathy, both cards are wonderful! I don't think I could choose a favorite as both are very festive! As for the flowers --- I'm allergic. ;-) Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week!

Barb, GT

Ruth said...

Love both cards and always look forward to the Friday funnies!

Pink Dandelion said...

2 beautiful cards. Wow how quick were you!! Great idea with the DST and glitter too. Laughed out loud at your photo, hubby thinks I'm mad. Debs xx

Max said...

Wow ... you're speedy this week Kathy and what a perfect stamp for our challenge indeed!
Love your simple glittery one too and as for the Friday Funny - well it made me laugh lol! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT