Sunday, 4 September 2011

Sunday morning and all's well

...... well it is in my world anyway and I hope it is in yours too.

It rained last night despite the forecast telling us it was going to rain from lunchtime! Must've been a hell of a storm because a neighbour was up with the lark this morning shovelling for all he was worth at 07:30 !!! Don't even want to THINK about what he might have been doing.

So, after an earlier than desirable start on a Sunday I've sheets on the line and my towels will be heading the same way as soon as the cycle finishes.

This afternoon we may decide to head off out and deliver uncles jumper which we found reclining on the stairs just MOMENTS after they'd left for home but aunts cell phone was switched OFF! Oh, and their cake tin too! Ooops - sad to say that the contents are almost eaten! It's OK they DID say the contents were for us!

On the crafting front? Well, with no challenges on Craft Mad and Loving It I find myself almost at a loose end, hence two entries for Simply Less Is More yesterday.

As you may recall I've been very taken with the distressing techniques and more recently art journaling techniques with paints too. This morning I decided to morph the two together!!! SO, I took one grey ATC and coloured it using distress inks in spun sugar, milled lavender and dusty concord. I then took an old credit card and dragged it across dusty concord a few times and then took the top off of a mini spritz bottle and inked it using dusty concord. I then inked my credit card with a little versacolor gold and dragged that ....... didn't work at all well - so, on to plan b). I put a small amount of Kaisercraft gold acrylic paint on to my craft sheet and dragged my credit card through that instead - MUCH better!! Next, since I had a bit of the paint left, I took the lid off a larger spritz shimmer bottle and swooshed it in the paint to create large circles round my dusty concord circles. Next I inked my Hero Arts old french script stamp in milled lavender and stamped it on the top left corner (sadly, it doesn't show very well in such a small photo. I then spritzed a gold shimmer spray over the ATC and left it to dry a while before stamping my Art Impressions clock face in D.I. victorian velvet ....... what do you think peeps?



 
Anyway, here's hoping that your Sunday didn't start quite as suddenly as ours did! Have a good one!


4 comments:

Debs M said...

love the colours x

Sandy said...

I like it, looks like it was fun to create!
Sandy

Lauren Hatwell said...

7.30! Bleugh! Loving your work here. Lovely contrast and texture. Lx

Aileen said...

Love your colours, love your design and love those swipes and circles. The gold lifts the whole design. x