Friday, 23 September 2011

Hello and welcome to Friday

Wotcher peeps

One of the fab stamps Wynneth bought at our return to Violettes was this stupendous Penny Black chicken stamp - had to be done!! She was kind enough to allow me to stamp a couple of images before she took it away forever!!!


Materials used:
  • White C5 card and envelope
  • Penny Black image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and edged with marvy alcohol marker in dark blue
  • Marvy alcohol markers to colour
  • Walmart "pound of paper" blue panel
  • Corner rounder
  • DCWV glitter stack strip
  • White card strip coloured with Brilliance light blue before inking my Hero arts flourish in Michaels ink dots green
  • Sakura gelly roll clear glitter pen used to highlight the chooks knitting needles!
  • Recollections faux blue pearls
Next comes an Autumn Blessings ATC which I decided to make, a pretty quick ATC but surprisingly pleasing - to me anyway.



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Ink - barn door, applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Inkadinkado flourish (left and right) inked with brilliance crimson copper
  • TPC Studio sentiment and autumn image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
I looked out of the window this afternoon and was astonished to see the dark storm clouds gathering.



We've had our home here for 17 years so I made hubby a little anniversary card ..... to celebrate we opened a piquant little bottle of wine! Because Wynneth and I have been entrenched with penguins this week once we saw this bottle it just "had to be done"


I was a little stumped as to an image but he came him having fought against spiders  all morning so this Halloween image with it's cobwebs suddenly seemed perfect! I'm wondering whether it will be considered CAS enough for Chrissie and Mandi over at Simply Less Is More for their 1000+ challenge this week. They're up around 600 so still a little way to go today .... come on everyone - give them a helping hand!


Materials used:
  • C5 white card and envelope
  • Black card panel
  • 3.25" x 5" white card panel given the Martha Stewart PATP set treatment
  • Recollections house image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out.
  • Inkadinkado "celebrate" sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Faber Castell Pitt artist pen used to had write the "17 years"
  • Michaels black and white check ribbon
  • Three black faux gemstones to finish
He loved it by the way. All of these images can be viewed in my slide show on my blog page, it shows the last 100 images and updates regularly.

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week comes from Pat Gilson (thanks Pat) and you will instantly see why I picked this one ...... it came to me by e-mail and was entitled



IDENTITY THEFT - it's catching on



Have a fab day

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow, quite a lot to get through here. Some fab crafty projects to feast my eyes upon. I'm afraid I let out a crafty shriek when I spied the fantabulous knitting chickens. How COOL are they? Not as cool as the Friday Funny Pengies I hear you cry.... titter...

Loving the gorgeous acorn stamp on your second project. I have a thaing for all things autumnal and acorns are just about the epitome of autumn for me.

17 years! Many congrats. I do hope your spider webs were appreciated by the resident spider snatcher ;oD

Well I hope there are no big black rainclouds in sight today. The one in your piccie is a bit of a whopper isn't it. I suppose the silver lining is that any weather is crafting weather...oh yeah...do the happy dance...

And on that note I will leave you as I have a pineapple upsidedown cake to make. I'm in 70's heaven...LOL

Lx

Debs M said...

great makes and pics Kathy x

Mandi said...

Oh that view Kathy, looks like a fantastic place.
Chrissie loves her chickens, as you know.
That house on the b/w card is FAB, it reminds me of the house on a film...the title escapes me. It's a fantasy one, I loved it!
You are a complete star to make so many cards for us
Continued thanks
mandi LIM

Mandi said...

Love the penguins too!
mandi

Chrissie said...

There go the chickens again, I love them the other card are pretty fab too!
Super pics of your neighbourhood too.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Brenda Brown said...

Great pieces Kathy, hope you enjoyed your 17 year celebrations.
Have a fabulous weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Kerryp77 said...

fab cards Kathy, love the chickens sooo funny. lol at the penguins too!