Tuesday, 12 April 2011

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi there,

Thought I would have another go at the challenge over on Simply Less Is More where the challenge is to make the text a feature of the card . . . I thought I would use an idea I saw in an issue of Craft Stamper - showcased in that issue by Joanne Wardle - it's so fab I keep using it too!



Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Post its for masking
  • Distress Inks in: Wild Honey, Barn Door and Fired Brick
  • Inkadinkado sentiment image inked in Archival Black
  • Faux crystal gemstone
Hope you like it - it's another Christmas card done too!! Hope you've had a fab Tuesday - we have - we hit the beach. I've posted this stand alone as it's a challenge entry but, once it's done I'll post some more photos of last night's PLAN B (since the Gaylord Palms schooner bar was a private function) and of today's trip to the beach - so DO check back shortly ..........


17 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Kathy what a fabulous card like the idea of splash of colour.

Anne

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooh, lovely Kathy. Lx

Susan said...

Kathy...very nice card...love that tree!

Chrissie said...

Hi Kathy,
I like the idea of a splash of colour, but I think I would have either covered the entire image or used a rectangle to frame the tree.
That's a great stamp.
Thanks for another fab submission, you're a true LIMette.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Shobana said...

Simply beautiful! Awesome stamp and beautiful backdrop with the colors! :)

Erika said...

Great idea Kathy, love the stamp and the fact you are getting some Christmas cards behind you so early in the year...very organised. I love Florida too...so jealous all those great big crafting stores and lovely weather!!

massofhair said...

Loving the xmas tree and your splash of colour, hope you don't mind me saying i would have done less colour as your stamp is beautiful and doesn't need anything else.
Hope you enjoyed the beach:-)

Eisbärin said...

I love that technique from the Craft Stamper, too and use it loads! Great card!

Shirley said...

Lovely stamp and the background is stunning. When we go to Florida my kids love going past the Gaylord, the name makes them giggle x

Mandi said...

Hi LIMette Kathy
Ddi you have to say you were hitting the beach!! Bad girlie lol
Super tree stamp, I will look out for that
Striking colours
mandi
Less is More

Hello From Texas said...

Great stamp and wonderful idea. I like the shape, but Chrissie's comment does open another door; it would be fun to make this same card with different shapes and colors. :)

fatmonica said...

I remember that Craft Stamper article.Always wanted to try it but not got round to it.Your fab card has inspired me to do it!

Sharon said...

This is very effective...x

Sue said...

This is very striking. Love the technique. Sue.x

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card Kathy, I do so love your 'post-it' technique cards and this one is just so vibrant. We are in Arizona til the weekend, nice and hot so we just 'vegged' by the pool mot of the day. Sedona was awesome, has changed such a lot since we visited 25 years ago.
hugs
wynneth
x

joanne wardle said...

hee hee it still gives me such a thrill to see my name in other people's posts!! brilliant card. I love that stamp, works well with this technique

Pauline said...

Wonderful xmas card, very striking.