Sunday, 17 April 2011

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi peeps,

Want to welcome new follower Dolly Daydreams - hope you'll find a reason to return some time soon and leave me comments . . . I LOVE to read comments!

This weeks theme, set today by the lovely Rosie, is BAGS AND BOXES so . . .  I set about making a gift box with my limited stash here . .

Front of my gift box

Angled view so you can see the shape
Materials used:
  • 29cm x 14.5cm sheet of heavy paper
  • Triangle (14cm) of black paper
  • Triangle (13cm) of DCWV Old World card
  • Magnolia image kindly donated (my thanks to the donor) and coloured using copics and Viva Decor glitter pen
  • Black card punched button (using my new Martha Stewart button punch) and threaded with turquoise ribbon
  • Crop-a-dile to punch holes in the sides of the gift box
  • Grey organza ribbon threaded through the holes and tied in a bow, to close the box

These boxes are super easy to make - ask Lauren as she discovered the instructions!!! And super suitable for small edibles - hence the choice of Tilda!!!


8 comments:

clare said...

that is just so pretty kathy. well done on finding the necessary crafting stash! mine's a work in progress and i'm waiting for the first lot of glue to dry before i can do any more! x

Brenda Brown said...

Well I see you have been as creative as ever while I have been away Kathy, and enjoying the Florida sunshine too with your pal. I can't believe you have made so many things, fabulous ATCs and great wedding cards and gorgeous photos.
Thanks for staying in touch.
luv and hugs {brenda}

Craftyrose said...

Totally gorgeous Kathy! I'm just about to post my little box and I have gone all Magnolia too! xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

You spoke too soon back again. ! Love your box how clever are you lovely image too. Should I expect more from you today or should `i go and do the dishes lol.

Marie
Btw thanks for the warm welcome.

Marie

Cherry said...

Just love that Tilda and just lovin' your gift bag - great shape and lovely ribbon too. Have a happy sunshiny day - we've enjoyed another one here at last! Hugs Cherry XXX

Debs M said...

gorgeous gorgeous box! loving the tilda x

Allison said...

Wow Kathy - it's really great! :)

Katiejane said...

Gorgeous box, what a great gift idea! Love the Tilda image, very, very cute!
Katie x