Friday, 22 April 2011

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi there, me again, just a quickie . . . . this week's challenge over on Simply Less Is More was to use acetate!!! Not a speck of acetate in sight which might mean this would be the first challenge I would have missed since they started them, I didn't really want to miss it - especially as I'd won a prize for March - thought it might seem rude not to enter. The girls over on LIM offered several possibilities and it's gotten to Friday before I've realised (holiday head alert here!) that I DO indeed have acetate . . . all of my self adhesive gems are mounted on the blooming stuff and I've been using them like crazy all week so have almost finished a sheet of ACETATE!!! Going to be almost right up to the wire before the challenge closes but, FINALLY, here is my acetate entry - Hurrah! Not perhaps my finest ever card but I shall leave you to judge for yourselves.


Front view

An angled view so you can see the acetate!

Materials used:
  • Cream C6 card and envelope
  • Recollections bee sentiment
  • Retro flower punched in acetate and adhesive supplied using my Xyron sticker maker before . . .
  • applying Silver leafing to flower
  • Acetate with gemstones to attach acetate flower to card
  • Marvy Le Plume II yellow marker

Hope you like it and ...... to my fellow LIM-ettes, my apologies if I've not commented on your entry but I'm still on vacation - I've gone through as many as I've had time for and if yours isn't one I've commented on it's not because I didn't like it - honest!

Happy Easter folks


17 comments:

Chrissie said...

Happy Easter to you too Kathy... just made it under the wire with this super card.
It's surprising what you can find when you really set your mind to it!
It's really lovely!
See you tomorrow for the next one!
Chrissie
Lady LIM

Suze Bain said...

This is super Kathy, love the 'dangly' flower. x

massofhair said...

Hi Kathy
Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to leave a comment on my LIM entry, it is much appreciated.

Happy Easter to you too and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Stunning card from you this week truly elegant and classy:-)

Bea said...

great take on the challenge - certainly a top tip!
x

Shobana said...

Super idea! Great card! :) Tks so much for stopping by on your vacation! Very thoughtful and sweet of you! Hope you had a good break and happy cake eating to you! :)

Mandi said...

Aww super card Kathy
I did a similar effect once with a lady wearing wellies, for a garden theme card lol
SEe you next week, thanks as always
mandi
Less is More

Lynne said...

Oh Kathy, you remind me of me. I have what I now call senior moments (used to be blonde moments) when I can`t see the wood for the trees,lol. You`ve made a fabulous CAS card. Love it. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a happy easter.
Lynne xxx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Kathy

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my LIM entry! Yours is lovely the dangly flower and gems is gorgeous! Now you asked about the swirls stamped on my butterfly, they are Autumn Leaves by Rhonna Farrer - flourishes v:1. Hope that helps.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Tina
X

Emzie said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and Happy Easter to you too. I love how you have used the acetate on your card. x

Sally H said...

Fabulous! Good on you for recycling too! I love it. Very simple, but fun and stylish too.

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card - love it!

Carol x

Ruth said...

This is such a fun card. I love the dangling flower and gems on the acetate - great idea!
Ruth C

Susan said...

Kathy, you have proved that old saying...necessity is the mother of invention! Fab entry!!

SallyB said...

Hey Kathy...
I LOVE THIS CARD!!!! Is it ear marked for anyone???
Super idea...can I nick it!

Cherry said...

Great idea and card Kathy - just super funky. Hugs Cherry xxxx

Katiejane said...

Totally gorgeous, what a great use of acetate and gems together. This is so cool!
Katie x

dutchstamptramp said...

What a beautiful cards you made for this challenge