Friday, 4 February 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Been making ATC's and cards again today, I need to built back up to a stock of ATC's and have no ACTUAL cards needed right now so thought I would concentrate on this. I bought a set of Penny Black clear floral stamps whilst in Florida and have, so far, only used one of them so decided it was time to break them out. Of course, I was also DESPERATE to ink up the fab Penny Black (wood mounted, naughty me - given my lack of storage) Christmas Usher which arrived today, from the wonderful Craft Obsessions. I love the fact that they always put a little card in with their delivery with some fibres attached - a nice touch and today's was wondrously lilac-y!!! Those'll get used on a project VERY soon, I suspect! So, without further ado let me show you what exactly I have been up to today . . . first out of the gate is my entry for the Buttons and Bows challenge over on Bah Humbug - isn't she just a gorgeous image?
Entered in the Buttons and Bows challenge on Bah Humbug

Materials used:
  • White card blank and envelope
  • Penny Black image and sentiment, inked up in archival jet black on to white card and coloured using pro markers
  • Card and paper from DCWV winter stack plus dark green linen effect card
  • Red organza ribbon, tied in a bow round a "lozenge" of the DCWV crystal glitter card
  • Glitter button with silver thread tied through
  • Platinum stickles - to highlight. My thanks to pal, Wynneth, for introducing me to this fantabulous shade of stickles - without her I might forever have stuck to Crystal or Diamond - wondrous though those are too!!!
And then, on to an ATC which does, indeed use some of the wonderful clear stamps by Penny Black - I am hard pushed to name my favourite stamp manufacturer but boy, Penny Black are right up there in the top few - what about you, dear readers, who are your favourite stamp manufacturers?

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Coloured using distress inks: Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord
  • Stamping Up sentiment and Penny Black image stamped using archival ink in Jet black and water coloured with Dusty Concord
  • Highlights added with Platinum stickles
As always, great to see you stopping by and leaving me a comment especially as I didn't get any post of my own today!!!

10 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

New stamps to play with, what fun and lovely creations too. Love the flower stamp with the pinks and of course the mauve, very pretty.
So many hearts challenges around, I must make something for some of them.
See you soon.
luv and hugs{brenda} xoxox

jackid said...

Love the top one Kathy very festive and the colours on the second one are true to you lol take care thanks for the lovely comments you sent me
Jacki xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Two more fab projects there Kathy. I do love that PB Christmas stamp and your baking paper is Loverly.

Loving your hydrangea stamp too. Looks gorgeous with the pinks and purples but I can't actually imagine a colour it wouldn't look good in quite honestly. Lx

Judie aka Craftymess said...

gorjuss kathy, well done chic xx

Tracey said...

Beautiful creations Kathy, I love that Penny Black stamp too :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Dora said...

These are beautiful Kathy, the Penny Black stamp is very nice, love it. Hugs xxx

Ann said...

oh I quite agree Penny Black have created some fabulous stamps for many years - I just love their stuff. LOTV are very popular at the moment and the cuteness is very cute but not sure they have the staying power.
Your card is fabulous - that image is perfect.
Love the ATC too.
Ann xxx
Bah!Humbug! DT

Max said...

Hi Kathy - the Christmas Usher stamp is not one that I particularly liked when it was first released as I'm not a fan of 'sketchy' stamps. However the more I see it used ... the more I think I might've been a bit hasty dismissing it. She looks lovely here with the fabby DCWV paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Rita said...

Lovely cards Kathy. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two awesome creations my dear ! I'm so loving what you've done with the lush Usher stamp and that ATC is just WOW !!
hugs
wynneth
x