Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Hi there and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!

Hi there,

On a bit of a steampunk roll yesterday and think I'm BEGINNING to get the hang of it - made some more ATC's and, since these need to go out in the post, thought I'd keep them flat and collaged. I should point out that none of these stamps are NEW so if I've missed the "steam" part it will be because I don't have the right images - I'm going with the "spirit" of steampunk!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remembered (in the nick of time if you ask me) that fab Paper Artsy stamp which proclaims "Eccentric Art" and it just sort of jumped on to my ink pad in its hurry to be used - who was I to say "no"??? Perhaps a new genre?! - as an offshoot to Steampunk!!! The plane image from the second ATC came from a clear set of about five similarly sized stamps (travel themed images and sentiments) from What! - for a POUND! If you have a What! store near you and haven't been inside yet then perhaps you should . . . . . .

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress inks in Aged paper and Frayed Burlap
  • Other inks: Versacolour Gold, Brilliance in Rust, Platinum and chocolate, Memento tuxedo black
  • Stamps by various manufacturers inc: Stampendous, Paper Artsy, Stamp Attack


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: as previous ATC
  • Other Inks: as previous ATC
  • Stamps by various manufacturers as above plus Hero Arts
  • Post it - to use as a mask
Don't forget that it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday today too - I shall be posting a photo of my work area over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group but here's a peek in another drawer!!!
This is the contents of just one of my drawers stuffed chock full of Christmas stamps!!! (there are another half dozen or so!! Ooops - my name is Kathy and I'm a stampaholic!!!

Have a fab Wednesday whatever you are up to - I really MUST get to that ironing today before it gets up and runs away!!


5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Congratulations on taking that vital first step to conquer your addiction Kathy....ACCEPTANCE...LOL

The next step is to rid yourself of ALL temptation(I'll send you my address). Send them to me and I'll make sure they're disposed of responsibly. ;oD

LOVING your Steampunk ATC's. You're definitely in the zone. Can't wait for more...

Lx

Junibears said...

Well Hello Kathy K! Thank you for following me and joining in. I think your Steampunk ATC's are great. I sometimes do digital 'Steampunking'!
I used to do a lot of stamping but since I discovered Photoshop that's about all I do.
Welcome and hugs. xx

Brenda Brown said...

Woo hoo you are on a roll Kathy, these are fab, love the stamps you have used - and how much????? Never heard of What, so will ask my husband as he travels all over the south.
Have a great day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you're doing with the steampunk,Kathy.

My name is Wynneth said...

Whoooo.... Hooooo...... getting down and dirty there young kathy !!! great steampunk creations if I might say so :o)
hugs
wynneth
x