Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Welcome to WOYWDW and One Layer Wednesday!!!

Morning and welcome to a sunny but cold morning, here in Bristol we've had a frost overnight but it appears to be warming up sharpish (I'm pleased to say) now the sun's out!
Hi to my newest followers, Kobie from craftbubble and Sarah, who's a trading card buddy of mine, hope you'll find something to bring you back again from time to time. It's always lovely to see a new follower, like it's always nice to see comments waiting for me - like getting mail, not that I get much mail these days aside from bills!!! I do swap with a number of trading card buddies but it seems like people have almost stopped sending letters in favour of e-mails, at least those are more likely to arrive in a timely fashion too! Probably all to do with the prohibitive cost of mailing these days too!

Since hubby and I are spending the weekend separately, I've made him a little card to let him know I shall miss him . . .


Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card and matching envelope
  • With love sentiment and English Rubber Stamp Co bi-plane image stamped in Ranger archival jet black
It's also What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday today so here's a picture of what's going on in my crafty space - of course a lot of stuff's packed away ready to head to Craftathon 2011 (on Friday) so I'm on light crafting duties only!!!

  
Managed a little crafting since my last post, talking of trading card buddies, I needed to build up some stocks of ATC's in readiness for my next batch of outgoing swaps . . . I'd been watching the KanBan show on QVC and not overly inspired by the products and thought I would set about crafting whilst still watching with half an eye so I didn't want to try anything too technical indeed this seemed perfect. I simply covered an ATC blank with double sided sheet adhesive and then positioned the self adhesive chipboard (free with the last issue of Card Making and Paper Craft), having first threaded some fibres through the hole. I then randomly attached the faux glass cabochons before covering the whole of the remaining double sided adhesive in the fab Sparkle 'n Sprinkle glitter - now this fab glitter appears to have green/pink/purple/black elements contained within and looks super yummy in real life.

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Double sided sheet adhesive
  • Turquoise fibres
  • Faux glass cabochons
  • Chipboard "tag" with seaside pals on
  • "Hanauma Bay" glitter from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle
It's also One Layer Wednesday over at the simplicity blog (see it here) and today's challenge is to create a one layer Christmas card on either white or cream and using red and green!!! Hmmmmmm - fab example though. I shall be putting my thinking cap on this very morning .................... do feel free to check back later and see what I've come up with.

Told you all about my meeting yesterday with my pal and how we chatted about anything and everything . . . one topic of discussion was her new washing machine because her old one kept blowing the fuses. I FOOLISHLY said that ours was working just fine - JINXED IT!!! Came home and put a wash on . . . hubby sang out a bit later "Do you know there's water all over the floor here?" Noooooooooooo, we pulled the beastie out and it appears to be a hole in a hose so hubby's ordered the replacement on-line and we just have to wait for the blessed thing to arrive now. In the meantime, I can't do any more washing till (probably) after I get back from CRAFTATHON 2011 - only two more sleeps!!! YIPPEE

Happy Wednesday - hope you're having a good one.

6 comments:

Kobie's Crafty Corner said...

Oh Kathy it is so thoughtful of you to make hubby a little card! I shall be thinking of you as me and my hubby is spending the weekend apart as well! Sure you will have loads of fun at the Craftathon!

sharon said...

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for visiting my blog, u sure will need one of those Wink of Stella pens :)
Keep up the fab creative work, blog looks great! x

Sharon

Brenda Brown said...

Love the cards Kathy, the one for hubby is fabulous, I am sure he will love it.
Never heard of Craftathon, but whatever you are up to, enjoy.
Hope you are having a good day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

joanne wardle said...

love that plane card. I know what you mean about kanban, it leaves me cold! if you ever want to do an ATC swap, let me know

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love your aeroplane card Kathy. What a great image. It looks great. I know Mr Kirby will appreciate it.

Love your Christmas Trees card and what you've done with your ATC too.

Shame about your washing machine. Hope its feeling better soon. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card for hubby....so simple,but so effective.
Don't know what's wrong with Blogger....tried to leave you a comment yesterday and it wouldn't let me!!