Wednesday, 23 February 2011

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

This week over on the Simplicity blog there was a post about a challenge to "make a background" and a lovely example using a crackle stamp and a tea cup. Hmmmmmmm - now, the originator of this challenge is SplitCoastStampers and I find their web site singularly un-user friendly so I shan't be uploading this but I was quite taken by the idea and decided to have a go anyway. Since I've started following the simplicity blog I have found Susan to be tremendously talented. Having tried CAS I KNOW it's not quite as simple as it looks! I've also taken to entering the OLW (One Layer Wednesday) challenge, this week's is set here and must feature, aside from being only one layer, a musical theme!! Well, you could blow me down with a feather!!! How VERY handy that I recently acquired the musical set by Rachel of Dark Room Door!  


Materials used:
  • Morphing mauve C6 card blank and lilac envelope
  • Dark Room Door musical stamps inked in memento grape jelly and ranger archival jet black
  • Three faux lilac gemstones
Just realised that you can't really see the text stamp - so I thought that I would add another photo.



And here's the make a background card I made but won't be uploading!


Materials used:
  • Linen texture DL card, used landscape, and envelope
  • Post its to mask
  • Distress inks in Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Dusty Concord
  • Hero Arts Swirl inked in Cats Eye Wisteria chalk
  • Imagination thistle and Papermania sentiment inked in memento Grape Jelly
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card, used landscape, and envelope
  • Double sided sheet adhesive
  • Piece of real lace
  • Jones Tones Silver and blue glitter
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped in Ranger Archival jet black


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
  • Distress inks in frayed burlap and rusty hinge
  • Paper Artsy image stamped in Brilliance pearlescent rust and then cut out
  • Gesso to seal
As you can see, Tuesday was a real busy day and this morning has started this way too so there may not be much more crafting but it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday . . . so here is my work desk!


Have a fab Wednesday and, if you've made it to the end of this post then thank you for your perseverance!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Kathy, that's a GREAT card for the OLW challenge! I struggled (again) with the challenge...mostly because I seem to have gotten rid of all my "music" stamps! Love the shimmery look to the card!

I didn't try the background card...might have to give that a try too. Yours looks great!

Jennifer Styles said...

A pretty and perfect card for the musical challenge!

Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW42!

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Kathy you've been a busy girl what a lot of beautiful cards you've made
hope you're keeping well
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

You certainly have been busy. Amazing cards and I love the bird ATC. Faberooni. Lx

joanne wardle said...

fabulous cards!
I know what you mean about splitcoaststampers!

tala1947 said...

Your card caught my eye because you were the 1st to make a card for the OLW challenge. Great card! Then your blog title and mention of your love of purple made me wonder if you have heard of the Flylady. She has wonderful Purple cleaning "rags" and mops and other things on her website at flylady.net.

Emma said...

Fabulous cards and you've definitely been very busy...they're all lovely!
Love Emma x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a busy girl you've been young Kathy ! Lovely, lovely creations you've shared with us today. How fortuitous that you acquired stamps with just the perfect subject matter last weekend - WTG you ! I love how your work is constantly changing and I think the CAS and OL type cards are your forte :o) Keep up the great work !
hugs
wynneth
x

Carol said...

Your card is beautiful! And I love that it is stamped in purple!

Pauline said...

Great card. Loved that stamp. You used it so well.

Debgem said...

Some really lovely cards here! I really like the violin image and the senitment is so lovely. I like how the gems graduate in size!

Suze Bain said...

Hi Kathy, what a great musical card. The stamp, colours and sentiment are all lovely and the bling just sets it off!

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Lovely work!
Hugs, Sandra

Vicky Hayes said...

All such lovely cards! I particularly like the musical one with everything positioned beautifully.