Thursday, 17 February 2011

Hi there and welcome to a slightly soggy Thursday!

Hi folks and welcome to Thursday, how's it looking for you? Only one more sleep till Craftathon, getting quite excited as it will be the first time I've been on a "crafting retreat" and the first time meeting some of the others too - I've previously met Jacqueline, Karen and Wynneth but it will be a first for Cherry and Debs but I AM looking forward to the whole weekend. I'm on the train mid morning and Jacqueline will be changing at Cheltenham and hopping on to my train there. We get off at Worcester where Cherry will be meeting us and we'll head on with her, picking up Wynneth on the way. Debs and Karen are making their own way there and we're all aiming to arrive around 3:30 - for a little light crafting before dinner!!! We THINK we've organised ourselves so that everyone takes a  technique so we should all be able to try something we perhaps haven't tried before AND we have the added bonus of a workshop at Dawn Bibby's shop! - run by Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door which is another bonus and one we're all looking forward to . . . . . and then there's the shopping! Oh Joy - as you all know ..... I DO LIKE TO SHOP and once had a T-Shirt that proclaimed "When I get tired of shopping ... I sit down and try on shoes"!! I just hope I've left enough room in my craft tote, for it all!!

Have a few cards to make today but I was making one yesterday when my pal Lauren rang with some great news which, sadly, I cannot share with you - but she's as pleased as she could be and I am mightily pleased for her too - WTG Lauren.

So, here's a piccie of the one I was making, Lauren quite threw me with her news and I quite ruined the accompanying envelope. I tried to rectify the error as I had been using a clear stamp but must have twitched on final placement as it looked like the Eddie Shah school of printing! Anyone remember the atrocious double printing in the now defunct TODAY newspaper?


Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card, used landscape, with matching envelope
  • Anita's sentiment and Inkadinkado morphing flower stamped on card using Ranger archival jet black ink
  • Purple coloured pencil, blended with sansodor
  • Quickie glue pen and Crystal glamour dust


Anyway, here's hoping that your Thursday sees you achieve everything you set out to, all the best to all of my readers. I may get the chance to post tomorrow before I go but, otherwise, I shall be AWOL till Sunday so please check back with me then . . .

10 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

Hope you have a really fabulous time Kathy! Im so envious ;)

Sounds like it will be a real laugh and a lot of girly fun!

Lovin this card style and how classy does this look. Who needs an envelope!

hugs

xxalisonxx

scrappyjacky said...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,Kathy....sounds like it will be great.

Brenda Brown said...

Ah now I underdstand what Craftathon is all about. Have the most brilliant time and bring back pics so we can see what fun you've had.
I shall be away too, but with friends and a Karaoke machine hehe.
Love your card, it looks fab and will be just as beautiful in a plain envelope.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

clare said...

fab card kathy. have a great weekend, i can't wait to see what you lot get up too!! xx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is gorgeous kathy - so elegant. I must get this set of stamps to go with my morphing bugs set -maybe in April? LOL Sooo... looking forward to seeing you tomorrow - sleep tight Hun but don't sleep in !!!!!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

Cherry said...

Great card Kathy - very classy and elegant indeed. Your taxi will be awaiting you lol! See you tomorrow in the ticket office. Hugs Cherry XXX

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
OOhhh you lucky ladies...all getting together for a crafty, shoppy, foody weekend! It sounds fabulous..I am looking forward to doing things like this in a few years time when my girls are able to fend for themselves. Hubby is out doing footie every Saturday! I will be shopping in Chichester with my seven year old then lunching at McDonalds!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, that is LOVELY Kathy. Works perfectly. Have a brilliant time girls. Lx

Debs M x said...

woo roll on tomorrow! lovely card, glad to hear Lauren had some good news x

Rosanne said...

This is gorgeous Kathy! I love one layer cards!