Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Welcome to Whats On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,

My hubby used to work for a computer company (which some of you already know), for many, many years and (since leaving) has been invited along to several "reunion" dinners. Mostly, they're boys nights out so I don't go and, often, they're in Plymouth where hubby has even run in to Mr Tom (hubby of one of my good crafting buddies) on one of these nights out!. As an aside, it has to be said that Mr Tom may not have been strictly teetotal on the night they ran in to one another as I do seem to recall a rather "happy" phone call to his wife ..... we were about 3'0" apart at the time - at almost the other end of the country - in Accrington!!! Sorry, I digress ..... there's another of these evening's in the offing and it has been suggested that it should be in Bristol - being pretty easy for everyone to get to - but they want a steak restaurant! Now, since we do most of our steak eating in Florida (where they're bigger and cheaper) we've had to do a little research and last night we headed off on our purely selfless pursuit of a venue for another of these boys nghts out! Mickey Lavins steak house is situated right in the centre of Bristol adjacent to the Bristol Hippodrome. Well it was a Tuesday evening and just after the theatre show would have started but we were a little surprised to be the ONLY people in there! (naturally there were staff!) - we wandered up to the restaurant which was like the Marie Celeste so we opted to dine in the bar. The steak menu consisted of one 6oz rump steak and 12oz each of about five steaks! Now, I don't know about you but I didn't think I could face chowing down on 12oz of any cut so I more or less HAD to have the rump which was, it has to be said, very nice. Steve said their draft beer selection wasn't too great (Guinness, Becks, Stella and Strongbow) - didn't matter to me as I was designated driver. No room for dessert so I cannot vouch for how good they might have been! It wasn't overly expensive and we certainly didn't come away hungry! Would we go there again? Yes, if we were in town but wouldn't make the special journey just to eat there.

Anyway, if you stopped by my blog yesterday then you will have seen my work in progress snowie. When I coloured him I wasn't sure if he was going to turn in to a card or a tag but I decided he was just a little on the large side for a tag and made him in to a card!



Materials used:
  • C5 300gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Silver ribbon
  • Red mirri card die cut in to an oval
  • DCWV spotted paper, silver mirri card and my image panel all die cut in to different sized fancy rectangles
  • My Penny Black Snowie image was inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card (before die cutting) and coloured with pro markers, liquitex pearl and crystal glamour dust. I also edged the panel with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy ink
  • Studiog sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the top of the image panel
  • Kaisercraft glitter water droplet gemstones
Hope you like him - he's such a lovely image isn't he? Of course, I COULD enter him in the LIM three challenges challenge (touch of red, circles {with the polka dots and the gemstones}and off centre) - do you think I'm pushing my luck?

It's also What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday so ...... here's this week's photo of what's going on creatively in the purple palace!

My creative work space!!!


My drawer full of embossing powders

My drawer full of glitters!

Have a fab Wednesday - this evening we have a friend and neighbour due to dinner so hubby will be chef-ing his socks off this afternoon!

15 comments:

Hippywitch said...

That's one adorable snowman!! Love this card Kathy :-)

Debs M said...

sounds like you had a nice meal, never mind a bout the desserts...i remember that phone call!
love what you have done with the snowman..why not enter it!

Cheryl said...

oh this is one gorgeous card hun beautiful layout and love the glitter,and you have one super work space hun love all your drawers of goodies,hugs cherylx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Wednesday Kathy. Glad to see your drawers are full of glitter and all's right with the world. Your little snowy is SO cute and just right for your snazzy Christmas card. Too cute for words. Lx

Dora said...

I love this snowman, always makes me smile when I see him.. love seeing all your goodies :) Hugs xx

Chrissie said...

Polka dots are circles in my book Kathy... thanks for another super card!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

This is so lovely great work space xx Jan

scrappyjacky said...

and he does look lovely on a card.

Brenda Brown said...

This steak house won't be the venue then.
Love your snowman card with the glitter and shine.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
I am exhausted after all this back and forth re-sizing and adjusting widths... I've sent so many messages asking for help to everyone...aren't people lovely to help!
I need to get off this laptop. But I am really pleased that I finally found the key to getting my photos larger. You learnt something new as well!

Katina said...

Snowy is so gorgeous and so is your card Kathy. xx

Mandi said...

Fits the bill perfectly Kathy
Terrific card
Thank you very much
Diva LIM Mandi
"Less is More"

jackid said...

Oh Kathjy it's horrible totally different layout it's only your dashboard and that that changes the blog part stays the same but it is really wierd I have turned it back to how it was now and so glad I'm like you I now know where things are and they will stay there lol Loving this crimbo card very sparkley take care (lucky you for not having footie in the house)
Jacki xx

Mrs.B said...

Great Christmas card, love the treatment on Snowy.
Avril x

Viv said...

Great xmas card Kathy and so nice to see all your crafting stash too :O) Viv xx