Friday, 27 May 2011

2nd post - challenge entry!

Hi folks,

If you missed my first post then do please scroll down and check out the post and my Friday Funny for this week!

This afternoon I decided to have a go at the new Bah Humbug challenge which, this week, features BELLS!!! Here's what the brief is:

Challenge 21 ... "Sleigh Bells Ring...
... are you list'nin'?
In the layyyyyn, snow is ..."
"Jingle Bells ... Jingle Bells ... Jingle All The Way!
Oh What Fun It Is To ..."
"Ding Dong Merrily On High!
In Heav'n The Bells Are Ringing!"


We've given you a few, not so subtle, clues to our theme this week and you'll have quickly sussed that we want to see jingly-jangly dingly-dangly bells on your projects.


I don't normally get the chance to have a go at these challenges until the weekend but ...... hubby decided to have an excursion to the flying field which left me able to craft without guilt. I know I SHOULD be doing hous***rk but, somehow, I would far rather be crafting! - go figure. You know how it is once you've finished you set to thinking about how you could have improved it ...... wish I could hit that stage BEFORE I stuck everything down!! Thought afterwards that maybe I should have cut away more of the white .... but I left it there so the bells were just, well, more obvious!!! Given they were embossed in gold I thought perhaps they would disappear against the strong coloured stripes - what do you think?


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm 6" square white scalloped card and envelope
  • Red card
  • Yellow self adhesive velour
  • Green/red/yellow/blue striped paper
  • Gold card die cut in to a circle
  • CuddlyBuddly image and Studiog sentiment inked in memento black and cut out.
  • Image coloured using Pro Markers, sentiment coloured using Copic Atyou Spica pens
  • Anita's bells image inked twice in versamark and then embossing using gold sparkle embossing powder
  • Stamp positioner to line up the bells image stamp
  • Fiskars corner rounder punch
  • Faux crystal gemstones
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

And here's an envelope to go with my card, using the same studiog sentiment and a Custers Last Stamp holly image - both coloured with Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens



Hope you like them - if you need help and/or inspiration with your pile of Christmas cards this year then why not pop over to this blog and have a go!

Also hoping you are enjoying your Friday - have a great weekend too


7 comments:

Little Snippets said...

What a cute little robin :) I love your embossed bells and your envelope is fab! Sarah x

Ann said...

Wowza Kathy I always love your cards but you've really excelled this week - an envelope as well - oh my that is just too gorgeous.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Dora said...

This is a darling Kathy, I love the sparkle and your robin is so cute. Have a nice weekend. Hugs xxx

Ruth said...

I love your cheerful card with the sparkly bells and sweet robin!

clare said...

2 great card there kathy. thanks for joining us @ bah! humbug! x

mamapez5 said...

Such a cute little robin, and proper sleigh bells too. Well done. Kate x

themessycraftroom said...

Lovely card, love the sparkly bells. Hugs x ChrisB