- 12.5 cm scalloped white 300gsm card
- Panel of yellow DCWV textured card
- Panel of white DCWV textured self adhesive card - edged using my EK Success circle/scallop punch
- Lime grosgrain self adhesive ribbon "folded" and adhered directly on to the white panel
- Yellow paper cut in to strip and folded - to make my flower
- Orange die cut circle of DCWV textured card, slightly larger than my flower
- The circle/butterfly topper was sent to me as part of my ATC exchange (with my Isle of Skye buddy) and has been lying around crying out to be used ever since!
Sunday, 17 July 2011
Morning and welcome to Sunday morning
Even if there isn't actually much morning left!!!
Horrible weather overnight so hubby elected NOT to go flying this morning - I've written it in my diary as it has to be pretty grotty (or we're away) for him not to go on a Sunday morning!!
Right back to last evening ........ we were out to dinner with friends, pretty old friends too! I first met Veronica when I transferred hospitals following an accident - she remembers me being wheeled in clutching my posy of flowers! We were in adjacent beds for nine weeks so got to know one another pretty well over the time and have stayed in touch fairly consistently since then. She came to our wedding and we went to theirs. Kevin "retired" from his job last week and it's Veronica's birthday this week so I arrived armed with cards for both of them. We went to dinner at La Piazza in Thornbury, they'd never been there before and we'd not been there since it changed hands so neither of us were sure what to expect but we had a delightful evening with great company, food and service - we shall go back some time and soon!
This morning, no hangovers - thank goodness! Rosie has posted the themed challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It and it is: HAVE FUN WITH FOLDS! Yikes ........ I thought about this whilst I mulled over a few chapters on my kindle and came up with what you see below. I've also entered this as my second attempt at the CIRCLES theme over on Simply Less Is More too.
Hope you like it, I somehow wished I'd managed to get my folds straight but hey - as Kate Crane said in her art journalling DVD - THERE ARE NO MISTAKES IN ART!!!!
Have a fab Sunday everyone