Sunday, 17 July 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Even if there isn't actually much morning left!!!

Horrible weather overnight so hubby elected NOT to go flying this morning - I've written it in my diary as it has to be pretty grotty (or we're away) for him not to go on a Sunday morning!!

Right back to last evening ........ we were out to dinner with friends, pretty old friends too! I first met Veronica when I transferred hospitals following an accident - she remembers me being wheeled in clutching my posy of flowers! We were in adjacent beds for nine weeks so got to know one another pretty well over the time and have stayed in touch fairly consistently since then. She came to our wedding and we went to theirs. Kevin "retired" from his job last week and it's Veronica's birthday this week so I arrived armed with cards for both of them. We went to dinner at La Piazza in Thornbury, they'd never been there before and we'd not been there since it changed hands so neither of us were sure what to expect but we had a delightful evening with great company, food and service - we shall go back some time and soon!

This morning, no hangovers - thank goodness! Rosie has posted the themed challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It and it is: HAVE FUN WITH FOLDS! Yikes ........ I thought about this whilst I mulled over a few chapters on my kindle and came up with what you see below. I've also entered this as my second attempt at the CIRCLES theme over on Simply Less Is More too.



Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm scalloped white 300gsm card
  • Panel of yellow DCWV textured card
  • Panel of white DCWV textured self adhesive card - edged using my EK Success circle/scallop punch
  • Lime grosgrain self adhesive ribbon "folded" and adhered directly on to the white panel
  • Yellow paper cut in to strip and folded - to make my flower
  • Orange die cut circle of DCWV textured card, slightly larger than my flower
  • The circle/butterfly topper was sent to me as part of my ATC exchange (with my Isle of Skye buddy) and has been lying around crying out to be used ever since!
Hope you like it, I somehow wished I'd managed to get my folds straight but hey - as Kate Crane said in her art journalling DVD - THERE ARE NO MISTAKES IN ART!!!!

Have a fab Sunday everyone

16 comments:

Debs M said...

great card, love the colours x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. We had a very grotty day, weatherwise, yesterday but I'm pleased to report it's absolutely glorious today so maybe you'll get some sun tomorrow.

Glad to here you had a lovely time with your pals yesterday. Dinner certainly does sound scrummy...slurp!

Talking of scrummy! I LOVE this card. It's very "Papercrafts Magazine" in its style and I love the colours, they're delicious! Lx

Mandi said...

What a lovely read Kathy, how wonderful to have stayed friends for so long.
Your card is FAB, so vibrant and fresh
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Kobie's Crafty Corner said...

Hi, Kathy
I am switching computers next week and switching my internet browser over to chrome as well so hopefully this will sort out all my millions of computer problems I've been experiencing over the past months! Lovely card, and your evening sounds fab!
Say Hi to everyone as CB for me!Will try and log in next week with the new computer!
Hugs Kobie

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Kathy, love the bright zingy colours :o) Lisa x

Anne said...

Great card!!

Chrissie said...

What wonderful cheery colours Kathy and I was so pleased to hear of your fab evening... the no hangover bit was very good to know.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Faith A said...

Love the colours and the curves and circles, a great card

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous bright card and love your take on the folds theme.
Glad you had a great evening, we had the family round and I caught up with Ella's school report - she is only 5 and just finished reception. Pleased to say she has done really well in her first year at school.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Willy said...

Funny card!

Brenda said...

I love the colors and that flower. Great job!

Fiona said...

Great card - thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a lovely card - so bright and cheerful. Love the ruffled ribbon.
Caroline xxx

Jenny said...

You've been busy with cards for this weeks challenge and this is my fave of them, I love the fresh colours and bold shapes :)
Jenny x

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, love the fresh summery colours - hits the spot on a dull and damp November (Ooops July) morning lol
Beryl x

Chunyuan said...

Lovely card. Love the scalloped shape and bright colored flower. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.