Friday, 22 July 2011

2nd post of the day - canvas finished ...... I think!

If you missed my earlier post with canvas "in progress" pix then please scroll down and read the earlier one first - it might help this one to make more sense - then again - it might NOT!

Having poked and prodded and gotten seriously paint covered/splattered/all of the above! I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the process. If you had asked me about this as recently as a week ago then I would surely have told you "No way - I wouldn't have a clue where to start" and it would NOT have been a lie either. Thankfully, I had the good fortune to win two DVD's (by Kate Crane - see her work here) which laid out the basics and filled in a few blanks and (of course) the mighty youtube was seriously handy for a few other wrinkles.

I BELIEVE that the purple canvas is now finished, though I could be wrong about that .......... it's not over till the fat lady sings (and I'm NOT doing that!!!). I invite your opinion ................. please


Thanks for looking and for taking the time to comment too - now I'm off to try to dismantle a house alarm which has been going off all blooming day!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - apparently, the owners are away in Florida (how jammy is that?) and have left "friends" in charge of the house and cat - guess the cat has found itself in the part of the house that it shouldn't be in!

Have a fab weekend everyone - see you at the challenges tomorrow!


5 comments:

Lilian said...

Like that Kathy well done. The colour is good and I think its ok as it is but thats me and don't take my word just see what others think.

Take care lilian x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Kathy - a piece of art is finished when the artist says it is. I think it looks amazing and that you have found a real niche here, perfect for you. It has great visual appeal and composition and the textural layers add dimension to it. You have learnt alot this week and I hope you will apply that learning to other aspects of your work. Well done. (Does that sound like an end of term report? Sorry I didn't mean it to).
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debs M said...

i think it looks fantastic x

Dora said...

Wow Kathy, this is fantastic, must have taken you lots of time to finish, love it xx

Cheryl said...

hun I think this looks,amazing really love the layout and colors on this,hugs cheryl xx