Tuesday, 5 July 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Hi there, me again ....

If you read my earlier post then you will know that I set off on a short journey in to disappointment this morning. My idea seemed sound but it lost something in translation. Now I HAVE had a couple of comments from people who say it's not as bad as I think but ...... I am MUCH happier with this version and, in fact, this is really how Mark I looked (in my head) but I was doomed from the moment I selected the 5" square card and my new nestie as a mask .... check out Mark II, and (on the right) my original



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" card and envelope
  • 4.75" panel of white card
  • Post its to mask
  • Small circle to mask the moon
  • Distress Inks in: Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood, Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive. I used a waterbrush and a little weathered wood to "drag" clouds across the moon
  • Lavinia stag image inked in Memento tuxedo black and then stamped off once before placing on my colored background
  • Lavinia tall trees image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • See D's pine bough inked in Memento london fog and used at the base of trees like grasses

I like this a whole lot better but would be interested to hear which you prefer, and why.

Fleur has candy for her 2nd Blogversary so why not pop over and check it out here

14 comments:

Fleur said...

Kathy I loved the first one, but I do have to agree this one is even better.
Hugz fleur xXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh now this is simply smashing. Well worth splashing on those stamps Your Purpleness. Lx

Debs M said...

love this one, everything fits better x

scrappyjacky said...

Much prefer Mark 11, Kathy....the background shape works perfectly.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy

I love both of them ! so there !!

Marie

Craftyrose said...

Have to say that I agree with the others! This fits perfectly but I also happen to think it says something different IYKWIM! xx

Angelnorth said...

Both lovely but I agree with you - version II has the edge. Beautiful job!

Sally H said...

I love them both . That stag is such a fab stamp. Love the colours you used.

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun these are just brilliant the images,colors,detail just gorgeous work hugs cherylxxx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Dramatic using the purple as you your background color...looks fabulous!

Liza said...

Two lovely cards, great stamps.

Liza x

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Beautiful!

My name is Wynneth said...

Now mark 2 true perfection young kathy :O) Your placement of the trees and the shape of the DI/post it area have created a more balanced design. I soooo... love the colours you've used for the background too.
hugs
wynneth
x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Kathy, Two great cards, but I like the straight lines of Mark II. great image.
Avril x