Monday, 25 July 2011

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Wotcher peeps

Whilst browsing the blogs I follow I checked out Caroline's and she was talking about the KEEP CALM ...... posters. Now, on Saturday I was nipping round to our Tesco Express to get a paper (for the TV guide you know) and saw a T-Shirt on a "substantial" lad which read "Keep calm and eat all the pies" something he had plainly taken literally! - so this was in the back of my mind as I read Caroline's blog. Anyhoo - aside from her super card she mentioned the spoof site where you can make your own so .................... here's my own thought for the year ...



Fancy having a go yourself? Then check out the site here

Whilst on the subject of interesting blogs and web sites .......... those of you who don't already then perhaps you should check out the blog of Suze Weinberg (the fantastic talent behind the melting pot and many other Ranger innovations). She packs more in to one day than I do in a fortnight!! And CREATIVE? - like you wouldn't believe. She recently took up jewellery making and now sells it on her ETSY site - see her here. Glad to share peeps - ENJOY

D'you know? I have NOTHING planned this week except for a wedding do later in the week. Normally, I have a couple of days taken up but this week - nada!! zip, zilch! though my days grow organically since "retiring" from the rat race and I am sure I can find something to do! Like heading to M&S and purchasing some "stuff" necessary to accompany the cocktail dress for my cruise later in the year, or visiting friends - oh, one of my pals did mention the possibility of a communal pedicure ........ of the fish variety so who knows? I COULD end up with an almost busy week! AND I have the wedding card to make! The bride and groom have the colour scheme of navy and silver which sure made for classy invites so I'd kind of like to make a wedding card in the same colour scheme ...... and, as it happens, since starting this post we've spoken to surrogate daughter 2 and she and her hubby are coming round to dinner on Tuesday evening - they are Harry free you see. Their son is staying at Grandma's for the week so are able to go out for dinner instead of having to be home for Harry's bedtime! Yee Haa

I did, FINALLY, get round to making my dear hubby an anniversary card. TWENTY FIVE YEARS married next month so it's not like I haven't known this day was coming ....... and yet at almost the last moment I start thinking about a card! Mind you, I think I must have been thinking about it on a subconscious level as I found the perfect stamp for my plane/Florida/space mad hubby - bet you will never guess what it's like! AND it had never yet been inked so it's not like he's seen it before! I can't really share it with you yet though as it's another two weeks till the anniversary! BUT ..... here's a little teaser of what it looks like!


And I've now done the wedding card for Friday which I can get out in the post c/o the bride's parents, in readiness.

 

 

Materials used:
  • 12.5cm 300gsm white scallop edged card and envelope
  • 11.5cm x 11.5cm panel of silver mirri card with corners rounded and a small notch cut for the ribbon
  • Narrow white satin ribbon coloured using a dark blue pro marker
  • Panel of navy ribbed card edged with the Martha Stewart edge punch from a PATP set
  • Kan Ban image inked in versamark ink on to white card and heat embossed using silver tinsel and then highlighted by rounding the corners and "colouring" the wedding dress with Crystal Stickles
  • Simply Stamps sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and embellished with crystal stickles before matting on to an offcut of the navy ribbed card
  • Three Kaisercraft glitter water droplets to finish

And here is the co-ordinating insert and envelope, both also highlighted with the crystal stickles



Happy Monday everyone

10 comments:

Debs M said...

such a classy wedding card Kathy, of course the insert and envelope too x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous wedding set, lovely in the blue and silver.
Glad you enjoyed the cat and dolphins.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

scrappyjacky said...

A very elegant card,Kathy....and I think I need to go and look at the 'spoof' site.

Louise said...

Your anniversary card looks like it is going to be a stunner. Can't wait to see the whole thing. Great wedding card.
I really like those 'keep calm' posters. there is the 'keep calm drink tea' one in chemistry stores at Warwick uni! I keep thinking I must get myself that mug!

Caroline Hallett said...

Lovely wedding card - and glad you liked the keepcalm matic site - fun isn't it xxx

thekathrynwheel said...

Such a classy wedding card- great colour scheme. You are very good making your husband a card ... I have been married for 13 years today and my hubs got a shop bought card - SHAME ON ME! Enjoy your busy week (not sure about the fish thing though urgh!)

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, busy, busy, busy. Lots of lovely projects and thanks for the link to Suze's jewellery. Lx

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Kathy, love your card its gorgeous and love that sign hehe ... yep the crafting works for me, keeps me calm every time lol.
If you get time, please pop by my Dezinaworld blog today as i have a free collage sheet for everyone. I hope you will like it. Have a great day !
June

Katiejane said...

Now isn't that true, I need one lol!
Great wedding card and love how you carried the theme throughout. 25 years? Blimey! And still going strong, bless :)
Enjoy your week Kathy.
Katie x

Faith A said...

Gorgeous card so modern and classy