Tuesday, 12 July 2011

What a change in the weather

Morning all,

Dull and grey today - what a change from the scorching sunny day yesterday! Still, if I'm out later I shan't mind it not being scorching hot to walk round in!

Whilst checking out a blog I follow this morning I came across this fabulous Andy Skinner video on alcohol inks which I'd like to share with you. My recent craftathon weekend saw us getting grubby gloved fingers with alcohol inks and I'm keen to try this technique too. I must thank (and credit) the blog I was looking at, for sharing the information - check out the Craft Barn blog for some handy hints and tips.

So, I set off to have a go of my own - I snagged another pair of hubby's vinyl gloves and an old ice cream tub and ......
What's on your agenda today?

Well, I was working on a card last evening but, sadly, I cannot share it yet as it's a DT project for 22nd July - so do check back then! I've managed to take a photograph of my project this morning that doesn't look too rubbish and I'm hoping that it will prove acceptable for the topic of that particular week. I'm meeting up with my pal, Sue this afternoon - at Hobbycraft though (following recent shopping forays) there is NOTHING on my list.

Regular readers will recall the recent meeting with Katiejane (in the U.K. from Holland) and our trip to get a fish pedicure ...... well she posted a photograph on her own blog which clearly shows how little she enjoyed the experience and I don't mind betting that it's not something she'll be rushing to track down in Holland!! Check out her blog using the link above and see what else she got up to whilst in the U.K. - be warned, there are food photos!!!


Good news on the bathroom front though - the pipe unclogger worked a treat and several attempts to reproduce the problem failed so I have restored order to my bathroom once again, AND had a bit of a sort out too - YAY.

Whatever you have planned then I hope you'll enjoy your day


7 comments:

Debs M said...

have a great time, off to check out the vid x

Cheryl said...

have a great time hun will check out the video hugs cheryl x

Isabelle @ the Craft Barn said...

Glad you enjoyed the technique. I tried it myself this weekend and it's fab!
Hope you enter our challenge at the end of the week.
Have fun
Isa

Lisa said...

Hi Kathy, Hatie looks scared stiff...I see from Katie's blog you visited my local... Snazzys. Do you live near Swindon? xxx

Louise said...

Hi Kathy. Glad you liked Mum and dad's travel blog. They have been back (well back from NZ, but toing and froing to France) since April. Did you go back and see any of the Hong Kong pics? they were good and funny too. Are you tempted by a trip to NZ? Not sure they are into crafting though as much as the US, so not the place to go to get supplies! Mum and Dad want to go to the US next year on their travels- probably the West Coast and the Rockies. no firm plans yet.
Hope you had a good day and the photos of the fish pedicure on Katie's blog are funny- saw them last night.
Louise x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like a great technique Kathy. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to a proper look at your DT project. Lx

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, hope you had a good day & I'm glad you got your bathroom sorted. Thanx for you recent comments on my cards, much appreciated.
Sally x