Friday, 1 July 2011

Hello and welcome to a rather special FRIDAY

Hi folks and welcome to a rather special Friday (for me anyway)

First off I'd like to welcome new followers, Claire Hutton, Roberta, Leanne and Hippywitch - nice to see you all and I hope you will pop back from time to time. It's always nice to see new followers and to read your comments on my work.

Today sees my first outing as a guest member of the Design Team over at Bah Humbug for the month of JULY. This week their challenge (number 26) theme is Acetate - my own personal nemesis!! Check out the above link for Ann, Max and Abi's Design Team cards. Anyhoo here is the card I made for this challenge



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white 300 gsm card and envelope
  • Blue panel of card with corners rounded
  • DCWV Winter stack paper with two rounded corners - the other two got the Martha Stewart PATP corner punch treatment!
  • Navy ribbed card panel with two corners rounded and then the EK success binder punch
  • Silver ribbon
  • Two iridescent snowflakes attached using my cordless glue gun
  • For the image panel I used a piece of acetate and a piece of white card. I stamped the tree image in Brilliance Ivy on to the white card. I stamped the Papermania image in purple stazon on to the acetate and (once dry) turned it over. I then applied the Plaid version of glossy accents and then dripped some Ranger blue alcohol ink on to the clear dimensional adhesive, "smooshing" the blue ink with rubber gloved fingers!
  • I sprinkled crystal glamour dust in to the mix too before adding white tissue paper and some more glue before sticking to my white card/tree panel and then setting aside to dry.
  • Once dry I took my scalloped rectangle and die cut the panel before adhering to my main card.
Hope you like it - it was a pretty easy technique and (I think) it looks effective. I'm not really very comfortable with acetate but this was fun to produce!

Additionally, I am expecting my great crafting buddies, Lauren and Wynneth, to arrive some time late this morning or very early afternoon! They are staying till SUNDAY and we have PLANS aplenty! Depending on the traffic and time that Lauren makes it we plan to head off craft shopping in Cirencester and may even get to meet up with Katie who is over in the U.K. from Holland. If that doesn't work then we'll find a little craft shop SOMEWHERE, perhaps more local. We have reservations at a fairly local restaurant and will be meeting up with Rosie on Friday evening. Saturday we plan to craft and chat and chat and craft! We have a reservation booked at my favourite local Indian restaurant for Saturday evening and, on Sunday, we head off to the ArtStamps show at Newbury race course where we hope to also meet up with Debs and perhaps even with Cherry. Then it will be back to normal!!! Mind you, how lucky am I to know all these talented crafters? Check out their blogs and work using the links within this paragraph. Watch out for photographs too!!!

And now for the Friday funny which, this week, comes courtesy of Wynneth - ENJOY


A dog story


An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.


He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.


An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.


Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'


The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep.

Can I come with him tomorrow?'




Have a Fantabulous Friday and a super weekend - as you can see - I PLAN TO!!!


 

14 comments:

Hippywitch said...

Love the card! The doggy story is just adorable :-)

Debs M said...

great card well done with the acetate! hope you have a splendiferous time and hopefully see you Sunday x

scrappyjacky said...

Great job with the acetate.....sounds like a fabby few days ahead of you.

Cheryl said...

oh great card hun,love the acetate,just love your dog hun oh he is so cute,just gorgeous hugs cheryl xx

Sara Bee said...

I really loved the doggy story, so sweet and very funny ending. When our Labrador Byron was alive and we went to visit my family in Scotland, there were five children running around then and poor Byron couldn't find a place to get a peaceful sleep until all the kids were in bed.

Sara xx

Sara Bee said...

Kathy, it's Tigerfeet, (Sara Bee) just to say I'm still having problems posting on Scrap Addicts and I think I'm going to have to unregister then try to register again. Not sure if that will do the trick but I'll lose all the pictures I've uploaded. I'll let you know if I have any success before I need to choose the Monthly challenge theme.

Sarah x

Cherry said...

Wonderful card Kathy just loving the acetate andthose colours. Have an absolute ball tonight and tomorrow. See you early Sunday girls. Hugs Cherry XXx

Lynn said...

Hi there, just popped by your blog to catch up on all the LIM's cards. I love your boozy penguins. The dog story is wonderful, and he looks such a loveable pooch. Lynn x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous work with the acetate Kathy, just love the overall effects you have achieved.
Have a fabulous crafty weekend with everyone and a great day Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Max said...

Hi Kathy and welcome to the team at Humbug Hall. I so admire what you have created for our acetate challenge using the tissue paper, alcohol ink and glossy accents ... especially as you are not a fan of the stuff. Your finished card is fantastic! Sounds like you have a busy and exciting few days ahead of you ... have fun with your crafty pals.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Naseer Ahmad said...

I read your article completely, It consist of very interesting information and saw your image of Dog sleeping looking so cute and simply superb.
Plastic Card

Plastic Cards

Ann said...

Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! Love your card - looks like you had an amazing weekend. Off to read about your antics.
ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy moley! You really took this acetate thing seriously! What a fabulous technique. Looks like something that would be fun to try. Absolutely gorgeous card! xxD

Erin (CelticCrafter) said...

What a fun card this is!!! Thank you for the details on how you made it! Wonderful examples for us all!!!

Erin