Friday, 8 July 2011

Welcome to Friday - has your weekend started yet?

Hi there and welcome to Friday

It's the start of the weekend ....... of course, Friday's (currently) also herald a new challenge over on the Bah Humbug Christmas challenge blog and I am a Guest Design Team Member for the month of July. This week's challenge is MICE .......... and here is my card



Materials used
  • 5" square scalloped white 300gsm card and envelope
  • Penny Black Mice image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and coloured using pro markers and Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Silver holographic card slightly smaller than the base card and another panel slightly larger than the image panel
  • Red/green double sided paper
  • One sugared and three silver brads
  • Martha Stewart corner punch from a PATP set
  • Red and white glittered ribbon

I do hope you like it. If you fancy having a go then pop on over to the blog following the link here and enter your mousey card!

And now for the Friday Funny!! It comes to us this week, courtesy of Wynneth, thank you Wynneth! - ENJOY

A woman was sipping on a glass of wine, while sitting on the patio with her husband, and she says, "I love you so much, I don't know how I could ever live without you."

Her husband asks, "Is that you, or the wine talking?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
She replies, "It's me ............. talking to the wine."

Right - weather's nasty outside so it's a great excuse to stay in and craft AND I have my new stash from Newbury AND my new stash from yesterday AND my prize stash to play with so ...... no excuses - do check back a little later to see what, if anything, is produced my my work desk!! Thanks for stopping by

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is one gorgeous xmas card just love that tree hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Debs M said...

happy friday, we are getting ready for my sis and her fella coming tonight, its chucking it down and we were planning on a bbq tom! fingers crossed!

Love that mouse stamp, great card and have a fab time playing with your new stash x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hi Kathy. Happy Friday. Just back from the vet and The Beast was as good as gold. We went to the garden centre afterwards and he was almost signing autographs. I had people queuing up to cuddle him AND HE LET THEM... What's that all about? Fickle or what? Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sorry, must still be in shock.... Fab card. I DO love that Penny Black Mouse Tree. Lx

Sandy said...

Love your mice Christmas tree! a great layout
Sandy

My name is Wynneth said...

Your card is fabby dahlink ! Those christmas meeces are soooo.... cute :O) Off now to check your later posting and see what you've created with all that awesome new stash :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Max said...

Phew Kathy ... had to scroll down quite a bit with all your crafty business to admire ... the silhouette fairy is fabby and my favourite btw.
You've created another fantastic card for our gallery at Humbug Hall - this mice tree is more than cute and the use of glitter pens to add some shimmer matches in nicely with the gorgeous pearlescent paper.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Ruth said...

What a bright, fun card! Love the mouse tree!

Pink-Crafty-Devil said...

What a lovely fun card for someone to recive at christmas I love it how the mice seem to make the christmas tree.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Kelly x