Sunday, 17 July 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi folks,

I FINALLY got round to a photobucket slide show ..... of course, it's only got the photos I had shrunk and not yet deleted from my photo software so it will grow some time soon - in the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy it - such as it is.

I've also made a decision not to participate in further blog awards. Whilst it's lovely to receive them and flattering too, some of them can be quite time consuming to participate in - requiring that you pass it on to a certain number and post on those people's blogs and also to share stuff too - so I hope that no-one will be offended that I have made this decision. I would hate to offend any of my blogging buddies.

Right - oh and back to the crafting. Further to my recent inspiration in the form of the Kate Crane DVD's on art journalling. I started working on three ATC blanks. Well you've seen two of them and now here's the third.


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Clear gesso
  • Acrylic paints in pearl, eggplant, peach bellini and copper
  • Tops from various household bits and pieces
  • Sequin waste
  • Ranger spreader
  • Circle of card made in to a flower!
  • Paper artsy sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black and cut out, dabbed with memento grape jelly
  • Lavinia dandelion head inked in memento tuxedo black
  • SU .6mm marker pen for outlining and drawing petals on to my "flower head"
Hope you liked it and are enjoying a fab Sunday


9 comments:

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, I have to say I think you've found your style here, this is really something. I love this ATC it's brill, oh and it's purple I see LOL Gay xxx

clare said...

wonderful. x

Debs M said...

Kathy, i have been considering this for a while, saying no to blogger awards, i keep seeing badges on peoples blogs stating 'say no to blog awards'. I think it makes me suspicious that you have to tell people about yourself..you know i don't put much else apart from pics and craft chat on my blog , i just didn't want to offend anyone....

Debs M said...

sorry didn't mention your atc, love the fab colours and elements x

Debs M said...

it's the only badge i've seen! :)

Brenda Brown said...

Fantabulous Kathy - just love this one too. It is so rich in colour and has great depth to it. Bravo - I want more!!!!
Hope your Sunday is going well, all the kids and little ones will be here soon for dinner.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Maureen said...

Lovely ATC, great colours, well done. Thanks for letting me know about the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Maureen........x

Louise said...

These ATC cards which you have made from watching the DVD are amazing. I bet you are really proud of the results. Worth all the work which went into them. Have you plans to make some more?
BTW I got Mum a Kindle for her bday (today) and she is thrilled with it. Are you still madly using yours?

Dolly Daydreams said...

Kathy this is fabulous ! Wonderful techniques and you achieved such marvelous results , love the darkness of the piece.

Marie