Sunday, 31 July 2011

Happy Sunday

Morning all,

Been out on a wild goose chase this morning ....... or rather a wild dog chase! Robbie, my neighbours Lhasa Apso had himself an escape! Jenny rang me so I jumped in to some clothes (not being dressed when she rang!) and we spent over an hour looking for him - without success. We've been stopping cyclists and joggers and had a family of five out looking too ..... came home to start ringing the police, RSPCA etc and Jenny opened her gate to find ....... ROBBIE!!  Where HAD he been? Well, he declined to explain what he'd been up to but we're all mightily glad this search ended well.

I am, of course, now all behind - it's almost mid day and I've not yet showered! Just come back in and am cooling off a bit before jumping in the shower.

As is my habit of a Sunday I slob around and often make a card before I get showered and dressed especially if the fancy takes me - as it did this morning.

I decided to roll around in some ink today and took out my old speedball brayer. I'd like to thank the following people for this card: Clare - who posted a brayered card on a challenge and also Debs for asking some questions about brayering and for making me think it was high time I had a go too - especially as I had recently acquired some fabulous Lavinia stamps which are perfect for brayered backgrounds. Check out this mornings effort - my first!!!!



Materials used:
  • C5 white 300gsm card and envelope
  • Bronze/gold ribbon
  • Coredinations panels in tan and red edged with Memento tuxedo black and the red layer distressed with a Tim Holtz Distress tool
  • For the image panel I brayered a combination of DI's and adirondack inks (frayed burlap, mustard seed and spiced marmalade along with cranberry) whilst I had masked off a "moon" and used torn paper to create the illusion of hills
  • Lavinia image inked in Memento tuxedo black

Hope you like it .... if you want to see what it SHOULD look like then check out the technique vid here. HAPPY SUNDAY to you all


14 comments:

joanne wardle said...

really gorgeous card.
p.s. love the ipad joke belowe, have just sent it to my son

Debs M said...

wow Kathy, this is stunning x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Gorgeous card, well done your brayering is fab. Glad you found the dog:0) I love making a card early and then getting showered, so decadent LOL Gay xxx

scrappyjacky said...

It looks gorgeous,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a superb card Kathy. The colours are just beautiful. Top job. So glad Robbie turned up safe and well. What a worry.... Lx

clare said...

its gorgeous kathy, love those warm summery colours. glad robbie found his way back home!! x

Lilian said...

Like that very much kathy and well done. Loving the back ground colour,
Take care lilian xx

Alexeya said...

Fab Kathy - wonderful rich colours. Nx

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, a fab card. What a wonderful effect. And I'm all for crafting in your PJs!

Linda Cain said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Your Friend in ART,
Linda

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

That's a gorgeous card Kathy. Very vibrant and rich.

Hugs, Sandra

My name is Wynneth said...

Phew!! thank goodness Robbie came home safe and sound - what a little tinker !!! Lovely brayered card from you young kathy, gorgeous colours and so nice to see your Lavinia's out on display again - oo...er... missus !! Sorry I didn't get around to visiting yesterday but at least I'm catching up a little now.
hugs
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - beautiful bright and summery colours.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Faith A said...

Beautiful colours and card