Wednesday, 10 August 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Honestly, two posts in ONE MORNING!!! Whatever next?

Well, having been away I have returned to find that I am all behind! I normally participate in the Sketchie challenge and Sunday themed challenge over on craftbubble and also the Simply Less Is More challenge and the BAH Humbug Christmas card challenge (because I SOOOOOO don't want to reach November with a pathetic number of cards - like I did the year before last!).

If you saw my earlier post you will see that I have completed my LIM challenge card AND it's a Christmas card - two birds, one stone! Sadly, I just couldn't bring myself to make it white on white otherwise it would have been the Bah Humbug card instead!!! Maybe later!

I have now done my Sketchie challenge which, in addition to following a sketch, also had the added theme of "CUDDLES"! I was surprised by how few stamps I have which fit the bill! HOWEVER, the image I used was part of my recent prize haul in the Traplet Prize draw at the Newbury Art Stamps show - thanks Traplet!



Materials used:
  • C6 white 300gsm card and envelope
  • Hand made glitter paper
  • Lilac pearl paper - punched with my retro flower punch and die cut using a GO KREATE die
  • DCWV textured cardstock die cut with my GO KREATE die and then embossed using a cuttle bug folder and the raised design sanded to reveal the white core of the card
  • Nellie Snellen image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out using a GO KREATE die cut.
  • Pro markers to colour my image
  • Three gemstone centred brads for my flowers
  • Die cut rosette (done whilst away for the weekend, thanks to Lauren for the use of her fab die and some card too)
  • Kaisercraft sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and die cut, to form the centre of my rosette

Blimey, what a lot of materials? Hope you like it folks ...... on to my next challenge, a white on white card for Bah Humbug and then a "PENCILS" challenge for the Sunday theme!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday folks

6 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous and fantastic colour of course!! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

A hum-dinger of a card. Loving your purple rosette and all the sparkle. Lx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Great card, love the image and the glitter, it's the perfect hug, Gay xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is gorgeous kathy, I so love that fabby rosette, lucky Lauren to have the die for it !

Nice to see you are back in the crafty swing of things ;o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. Love the colours. Well done.Take care lilian

Faith A said...

Aw! another cutie card, lovely colours, lovely card