Thursday, 11 August 2011

Happy Thursday - it'll soon be the weekend!

Afternoon all,

Welcome to my new follower, Kerryp77, hope you'll find a reason to keep popping back from time to time.

Yesterday, I was trawling through my most recent edition of Craft Stamper and was suddenly hit by ATC inspiration ....... so here's what I was working on.



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: bundled sage, crushed olive, pumice stone, aged mahogany
  • Versacolour gold
  • Memento tuxedo black
  • Images and sentiments by Paper Artsy, Tim Holtz, Crafty individuals and Costco
  • A page from an old book
  • Copper mica paint "splatted" and spritzed

My aunt and uncle came visiting this morning - got cake? Yes, I have! Our good friends, Liz and Graeme, commissioned a magnificent cake for our anniversary and, frankly, we were less than half way through the 2 and still have all of the 5 to eat - so, plenty available! Regrettably our dear rellies hadn't realised how well off we were for cake and (very kindly) brought with them a rather splendid looking victoria sponge! Crikey! It's now double wrapped and resting in our freezer - in readiness for the next cake crisis at the purple palace!

They also came armed with the delightful, though rather shy, Digler ..... check her out - ain't she cute? I do love her kind of dalmatian ears! Once I had fed her with a very modest piece of the trunk of my cake's palm tree she decided I was "alright" and soon moved on from there to being my new best mate (sorry Bert!).




Happy Thursday - make it a good one! It's Balloon Fiesta weekend in Bristol so I'm hoping to catch some balloon pix over the weekend too!


12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

FAB ATC Kathy. One of your finest if I may make so bold.

Bert IS obviously deeply offended about the cake AND the NBF status of Digler but admitted she IS pretty adorable. He wonders if he could have her number. I'm feeling deeply jealous. Sniff.....

Lx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy sorry missed a lot of your post's recently will try and catch up ! Fab Atc love that image and the colours are splendid , you did good my friend. Love Digler the dog he is gorgeous.

Marie

scrappyjacky said...

One of my favourite ATCs as well...love it.

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous ATC young kathy - truly inspired ! What a shock, receiving yet more cake !!! Oh dear ;o)

Digler looks adorable and I'm sure will always remember the Purple Princess and her splendid cake LOL

Sounds like you've had a spiffing day at the Purple Palace, I'm just about to shut down the puter and head on home from the orifice - mr tom did make mention of a pit stop at the local pub to maybe do a quality control check on their steak and chips (or other areas of the menu). Fingers crossed I'll be having a night off cooking then slurp !
hugs
wynneth
x

Ann said...

Kathy saw your note on Bah! Humbug! - yep the poltergeist had struck at the hall and the date was wrong but if you wanted to do a white on white that's fine just add it at the end. Our fault - so sorry. The challenge number was wrong too - defo been visited by gremlins this week.
Ann xxx

Cheryl said...

oh this is one super atc hun love it,and as for your dog hun oh how super cute is he bless him,hugs cherylxx

Faith A said...

I absolutely love this image, a great ATC, the dog is just aw! love him.

If you see my friend at the festival, say hello LOL

Katiejane said...

Looking forward to the balloon pics! Cake, cake and more cake........yum!
Have a great weekend!
Katie x

Dora said...

This is one fab ATC Kathy, love the sentiment and your dog is a little darling x

lostinpaper said...

What a fabulous ATC! Love that vintage look and great sentiment! I am always available for cake in ANY cake crisis!

Lilian said...

Kathy. That card is so lovely well done. Love the cute dog as well. Take care lilian

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the layering on your ATC Kathy and until reading your post would never have believed there could be such a thing as too much cake! Vx