Thursday, 4 August 2011

Thursday - it's ALMOST the weekend!!

Morning all,

How's the weather with you? Did you get the promised storm and/or rain or is it still hot and muggy where you are? It rained quite a bit here and hubby was wakened by the rain - not me though, I slept through it because it was COOLER!! YAY!

Yesterday I was at physio and the lovely Pete pummelled and massaged my neck and back till I felt like I'd lost a prize fight!!! Feeling a bit better this morning though - thank goodness! Not right yet but better - hoping the next session, on Tuesday, will fix the remaining kinks!

I decided to treat myself to a little finger painting yesterday too, after lunch. Well, I'd gesso'd my 12" x 12" scrap book page on Tuesday and left it to dry overnight (see yesterdays WOYWDW post) and yesterday morning I used a baby wipe to apply yellow acrylic paint over the entire surface so had to leave it to dry a while! Then, using purple, yellow, white and red acrylic paints and a little water (to thin it down and make it easier to spread) I roughly finger painted over most (but by no means all) of the surface - the original yellow showing through in the gaps. Then, using sequin waste, I sponged some each of mustard, purple and white acrylic through to give texture. I inked my Paper Artsy diamond pattern stamp using Memento grape jelly and stamped it a couple of times too. Using a credit card I "striped" black acrylic paint and Inka Gold. I mounted my chosen photo on to white card and adhered it to my scrap page and then, using black acrylic paint and several "tops" from household bits and pieces (like toothpaste lids) to stamp circles - some off the edge and some slightly over on to the photo. I added my Tim Holtz sentiment using Memento tuxedo black and then hand wrote a modest amount of journaling, for posterity! and there you have it!


Hope you like it - I have to say that I am seriously loving the looseness of this technique! I'm starting to feel that some more acrylics and a moleskin journal COULD be heading on to my Christmas wish list!

Last evening, whilst watching the brilliant SHERLOCK on TV I heard a noise (over the sound of the TV too!) and looked out of the windows to the front and rear ... but, nothing! I therefore dashed for my camera and, sure enough, this was right over the top of my house - of course, by the time I actually got outside, it was making its escape - slowly!! You can just see my neighbours roof at the bottom of the photograph.


Wishing you all a fabulous Thursday however you plan to spend it! Actually, I'd quite fancy a balloon ride though I'm really not sure how I'd get in and/or out of the basket at the mo!


6 comments:

Debs M said...

another lovely piece Kathy, i have heard someone else recommend a moleskin journal but wasn't sure why? x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh! A Labooon.... I love Labooon's

What a triumph your canvas is. Very lovely photograph of your good self too. Definitely work keeping for posterity Most impressed with the way your project came together and such scrummy colours too.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love that background,Kathy. It's definately pac-a-mac weather here today!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome miss kathy :O) Didn't your LO come together nicely - wll done you on mastering yet another fabulous technique.

Great 'barroon' piccie too !

Enjoy your thursday - just one more sleep til BB? whooo hooooo :O)
luv
wynneth
x

Dora said...

This is fabulous Kathy, love the background and you look lovely in that photo. Hugs xxx

Katiejane said...

I can see why you love that technique Kathy, the appearence is unique and I just love that pic of you! A great page!
Katie x