Thursday, 25 August 2011

Morning all

Morning folks,

Boy did it rain yesterday? And we were out in it! We just about managed to make it under cover before the worst of it - phewww.

Where did we shelter? An electrical supplier and, thankfully, we also managed to find and buy our new washing machine - it is due for delivery this very morning. Needless to say - we came home and unplumbed our old washing machine and it's now sitting outside like a giant white bird table!

QVC are having a Christmas Craft Day this Rudolph Day! Check it out - some lovely punches (don't you love their Punch Around The Page sets?) and have now unveiled a Stamp Around The Page set as their TSV - shall I or shan't I? I'm thinking Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...... but then again ....

 
The 25th of each month is (apparently) known as Rudolph Day in many crafting communities and the day to be making a Christmas project of some kind - it even has it's own blog - check it out here. For those of you just thinking about your pile of hand made Christmas cards and presents ..... or lack of, then this might be for you! Of course there are also other blogs catering to people who want to even out their Christmas card making pursuits, like: Bah Humbug and the ABCofChristmas. So, if you are feeling like Christmas is looming large and thinking you should have started earlier then check out some or all of these links for some inspiration. I might just head off to get started on some tags!

Blimey, decided to use a Sizzix die to make a Santa to put on a tag - what a palaver - don't think I've the patience for this malarkey!



Materials used:
  • 300gsm white card die cut in to a tag and one layer of my Santa
  • Black card die cut in to Santa
  • Red card cut in to Santa
  • Distress Ink in Barn Door (to edge the tag)
  • Narrow red satin ribbon
  • Pro Markers to color Santa's face
  • Crystal Stickles
  • White liquid applique and Crystal glamour dust

Whaddya think? I'm not quite delighted! Have a good Thursday

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I'm glued to QVC christmas craft day today!!!!

Debs M said...

he looks great! did you get the tsv ? they sold out but will have more in stock in a few weeks on pre order i think. off to check out that link x

My name is Wynneth said...

I LOVE Christmas, and your Santa Tag looks great. Can't quite see you doing many of these though if it's that fiddly LOL

I was tempted (and successfully) to get today's TSV !! Did you or didn't you? I thought that at least if I'm not impressed I can return them and get my money back.

luv
wynneth
x

nnalorac said...

He is gorgeous Kathy, maybe another play with him when your at a loose end! Thanks for popping in by my blog. Loved reading your blog Carolxx

Brenda Brown said...

A poor Christmas craft day! Not much Christmas there. Decided not to get the tsv - want to spend some money on Tim's new stuff.
I guess there were lots of little bits to santa then - he does look good though.
We had the rain this morning - it really poured down.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Great tag Kathy!

Chucking it down in on the South Coast this morning!

Hugs, Sandra