Saturday, 20 August 2011

Morning and welcome to Saturday!

Morning all,

How's your weekend shaping up?

Finally got round to the "AFTER" photo ....... my regular readers may recall a challenge layout I did recently. I took one of our original wedding photographs and made it in to a layout with the intention of recording our 25th wedding anniversary as an AFTER layout. Well, we went to Essex to visit our good friends, Lauren, Alan and their family and Lauren took this photograph of us whilst we were out to dinner.



Of course Saturday is challenge day for me, on the crafting front, and the first challenge has been posted. It's the Simply Less Is More blog challenge of a Clean And Simple card. Before I tell you what it is I need to point out that my sympathy card of yesterday that I entered for the LIM challenge which ended last night SHOULD have been a ONE LAYER CARD which it wasn't so, sadly, doesn't count. Chrissie quite rightly pointed out the error of my ways, very nicely I might add. Anyway, today's challenge is "ANYTHING WHICH MOVES" which could mean a kinetic card or images which indicate movement - hmmmmm, and this week does not HAVE to be a OLC (one layer card) just Clean And Simple, so I shall try my best to get it right. Boy did I feel dumb when I realised my mistake - I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever make a card to be proud of and then you have this DOH! moment. If you would like to see Chrissie and Mandi's Design Team entries for this challenge then follow the links on their names.

Over on Craft Mad and Loving It, it is the turn of a Guest Design Team Member to present the sketch and this slot is WYNNETH'S. Many of my regular readers will know how talented Wynneth is so we're expecting great things from her! No pressure then!!! Her theme (in addition to the sketch) is "SPECIAL FRIENDS" and her card is lovely, as are the cards from the rest of the Design Team: Karen, Lauren and Rosie.


And here is my card, made using the above sketch and theme. I was inspired to use Kraft card by my friend (and DT member, Lauren) as her card using it was so fab ....



Materials used:
  • C6 300gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • black panels for matting, including one die cut circle
  • Kate Knight patterned paper cut in to panels and providing the inspiration for the flower colours
  • Hero Arts Dog, flowers and friend sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card
  • Pro Markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens

Hope you like my "Special friend" card folks


You'll be pleased to hear that I did manage to get my pal a birthday present - and I'm hoping she will love it. Sadly, I can't put a photo on here because I believe that she does, occasionally, stop by to see what I'm up to and I should hate to spoil the surprise!


Happy Saturday everyone

2 comments:

Debs M said...

great scrap book and page x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, lots of lovely things. Beautiful scrapbook page. I love the colours. Your CMLI card is fab too. Those papers are really great with the Kraft card. Lx