Monday, 1 August 2011

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Hi folks,

Another week starting and it's as dull and grey as can be here in Bristol but fairly warm at 18°c - not as warm as Florida (currently 25º and still dark as I type this). And, blimey, it's August already! I'm not even sure I was done with July! Are we SURE we had all 31 days?

The advent of August means a new scrap challenge over on Scrap Addicts and this month's challenge has been set by Wendymoon - her fab sketch is below.


I have a plan! Having been to a wedding reception at the weekend there is just a faint possibility that this may turn out to be the inspiration for the August layout - do check back later or tomorrow and see whether anything came of my inspiration - oh, and I don't intend to touch this layout with a brayer!!!! ..... read on ....

A number of my regular readers made some lovely comments about my first attempt at brayering and, because of this I am going to share my second attempt - which is PANTS!!!!  I used different inks and colours and then started inking my image with Ranger Archival ink ..... I plainly SHOULD have waited till my background was fully dry BEFORE stamping my scene - it might have looked better! This is one that WILL be consigned to the bin but ..... a useful learning experience!


See? Complete pants!

Happy Monday to you all - have a great week


8 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Mornin' mrs k - how brave of you to share your 'learning curve' creation - I'm still a bit 'scared' of brayering and need lots more practice. But, we learn from experience and I just know you will be the brayering expert we all turn to very soon, just as you are the 'Queen of the Post-it technique' LOL
dull and damp here in Cornwall today too :O(
Looking forward to seeing your LO.
luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

sunny and warm in overcast but thanks for giving us the benefit of your experience x

Brenda Brown said...

High cloud, sunny and warm here today Kathy - we could do the weather for the whole country from here I think!!!
Shame the about the image - but we learn from our mistakes as well as our successes.
Have a great day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Good morning Kathy, Not pants!!! Just needs a little patience, I really love the design, I think that you probably had a bit too much ink on your brayer, if you don't mind me saying:0) I've watched Barbara Grey producing her masterpieces and she always rolls off a lot of the ink before she starts and builds up colour gradually, so does Tracy Dutton. I'm sooo challenged with this technique myself so I understand your frustration:0) Thanks very much for your comment on my card, you really made me smile, giggle in fact, hugs Gay xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Hot and sunny here....could do with a swimming pool.Love Wendy's sketch this month....look forward to your take on it.

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

p.s You're very brave to share, thanks! It helps to know I'm not the only one Gay xxx

Cheryl said...

oh love this hun its,great love the colors and the layers you have created hugs cheryl xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

What does pants mean !!!! I like your card and can't see whats wrong with it myself, love the colours.

Marie