Sunday, 7 August 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning folks,

This is a scheduled post as I hope not to be up yet!!

Last night my pal, Lauren, her son, his mate and myself were all at the Iron Maiden concert at the O2 - I imagine we'll have had a brilliant time and be completely drained and rather more than slightly (though hopefully only temporarily) deaf!!!

So, here's a card I made to give to Lauren and Alan. . . . . .


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm white 300gsm scallop edged card and envelope
  • Orange panel
  • Brown panel
  • White panel on to which I placed a mask (for the sun) and then brayered distress inks: mustard seed, spiced marmalade, barn door and bundled sage (using a piece of torn paper to mask my "rolling hills"!).
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle grasses and the Kaisercraft sentiment were inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Narrow brown satin ribbon tied round the card and knotted well off centre to allow positioning of my panel
And here's the matching inside of the card and the co-ordinating envelope too.


Have a brilliant Sunday, we're having lunch with Lauren and Alan and the boys, posse and the chooks - it'll be a house full!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is really beautiful oh just love it so love the scene you have created,have a lovely sunday hun hugs cherylxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card,Kathy....hope you had a great time.

Sandy said...

Love the brayered inks and a fab image, wonderful card,
I hope your hearing is now restored to normal lol,
Sandy

clare said...

very beautiful kathy. i'm sure lauren loved it! hope you have had a fabulous weekend. x

Netty said...

Beautiful card Kathy, x

Lauren Hatwell said...

....and we're missing you already. The Table of Craftiness already feels empty without you.

Lx

Alexeya said...

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend, particularly the gig!! A very thoughful card, gorgeous choice of colours. That brayer wont be gathering dust any time soon I bet.
Nx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is fabulous kathy and I'm sure that Alan and Lauren will be most impressed :O)

I'm sure you had an amazing experience at the concert and a yummy lunch at Chez Hatwell.

hugs
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

Hope you had a great time x

Becky said...

Such a beautiful card, Im sure ur friends will be very impressed with it.
Becky x

Faith A said...

Lurve your sunset, a beautiful card, they'll be thrilled.