Sunday, 28 August 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning and welcome to Sunday,

A great big purple welcome to Laurie, my new follower from Minnesota - good to see you and I hope you will find the time to pop back sometime soon.

The session at the table of craftiness has resulted in a second LIM Three challenges entry - can you guess which three it might fit?



Materials used:
  • 8" square 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Die cut "negative" taped to base card as a mask
  • Distress inks: weathered wood, tumbled glass, broken china, chipped sapphire
  • Sunshine Designs image inked in DI chipped sapphire
  • Papermania sentiment inked in Brilliance pearlescent blue

Hope you like it - did you guess which challenges it fits? Well ..... it fits: off centre, off the edge, masculine, shades of blue, flower or tree, monochrome and use ink ........ AND it's one layer!!!!!! So, basically - pick your preferred three!!!

As I mentioned to you yesterday, over on Craft Mad and Loving It the design team are enjoying a well earned rest and a recharge of their creative batteries - so no sketch challenges until September 17th. Of course many people, myself included, thoroughly enjoy these sketches so ... I posted one of my own. Entirely unofficially of course and if people use it then fine, if not - equally fine but I didn't want sketchaholics to miss out!!! Anyway, here's my unofficial sketch ....

With the added theme of "use your fave colour"

Another little titbit you might be interested in is that ArtyCarty has blog candy until September 1st. You have to blog about it and you have to be a follower too, but that's not a problem as she's a talented crafter. Check out her blog via the link above.

Hope your Bank Holiday Sunday is going well and that you aren't rained out! My surrogate family is away for the weekend in a caravan and I'm really hoping they're not all sat inside listening to the rain! Hubby's nipped off to the flying field and me and my ironing are all alone - stuff the ironing, I'm off to my table of craftiness!!! Laterz ....................

33 comments:

Debs M said...

i know which i would rather pick too! looking forward to your makes later x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Loving all that gorgeous blue Kathy. That stamp is a real winner isn't it. Great sketch too. Lx

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Kathy
Love the inking, Im yet to master that technique! Chrissie is just FAB at it isn;t she.


Thank you very much
Mandi Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Oh! This is just FAB Kathy. I LOVE this style of card and the stamp you used.

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

Suze Bain said...

Love the shades of blue in this one Kathy. xx

Sandy said...

This one is great too, love the fab image you used - wonderful one layer card
Sandy

Chrissie said...

Well that's a whole bunch of challenges Kathy! I love your inking on this one, it looks great!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Katiejane said...

That's so sweet of you Kathy, great sketch! Both Kids are at school tomorrow....hmmm, maybe I'll have a go myself.
Love, love your masking! I love how the colour fades in areas, it looks really cool. I don't have any of those colour distress inks -I need to shop!
Katie x

Viv said...

Great card, love that sponging esp. :O) Viv xx

Margaret said...

Such a lovely card Kathy
Margaret x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Super card Kathy - love the shades of blue and that beautiful flower stamp. Brilliant masking too! Thanks so much for visiting my blog tonight - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Netty said...

Terrific LIM card Kathy. Have a great week, Annette x

Cheryl said...

oh just love your inking on this just brilliant hugs cherylxx

Louise said...

Ooh, love it, its gorgeous x

Lins said...

Oh Kathy, it's a stunning card. I love the flower you've used and the way you placed it on the card, it really attracts all the attention it so much deserves.

Have a lovely week,

Lins

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, simply stunning, hugs meadie x x

Tammy said...

Beautiful one layer card!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hugs, Tammy :)

Dora said...

Really love all the blue on your card Kathy, it is so elegant, love it xx

Kerryp77 said...

love the simplicity - gorgeous

Sarina said...

What an elegant and beautiful card.
x,
Sarina

Aileen said...

Love your inking, such a perfect frame. x

Marlena M. said...

STUNNING! I love everything about this. ;)

Heather T said...

I love your sponged colour and clean layout.

lilybygilly said...

I love the shade of blue you've used - great card. hugs, Gill x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! I love your shades of blue!

Beryl K said...

Another lovely card
Beryl x

Pauline said...

Beautiful, lovely shading.

Sasha said...

Another lovely card, Kathy! Great shades of blue and I love the stamp you used!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Pretty shades of blue here, a great stamp! I love clean and simple and this is just that, perfick, Gay xxx

Kathleen said...

Very striking, love the shades of blue and fab image.
Thanks for your comments.

Kath x

Michelle said...

Oh this is beautiful! I adore the colour and that stamp! xx

fatmonica said...

Beautiful card-I love the colours in it.

Carol said...

Love this Kathy, your inking is fab. Carol x