Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Morning - here it is hump day Wednesday . . . again!

Wotcher peeps,

To those of you who read my post of yesterday and who perhaps even checked out the link to the Greyhound Inn near Usk ....... it was GREAT!!! We really enjoyed the place and the food and the goats? Well they were so friendly that a quick call to them brought them RUNNING to the gate for their head scratch!

We headed off from home with our pal (and neighbour), Debbie, and met up with other friends, Di and Geoff, at the restaurant. We nattered over a very leisurely lunch and then back to theirs for a coffee and to commune with the chooks! They have seven chickens and a cockerel and hubby and I were able to feed them all by hand (yes, even DJ the cockerel) - apparently they all love rich tea biccies! DJ took his biccie very gently from my fingers. Di and Geoff also have ducks but those were far more timid than the chickens and kept well out of the way.

Needless to say that, by the time we got home, we were feeling well stuffed and all we wanted to eat later was a piece of that fab cake (see Monday's post)!.

Not too much time for crafting yesterday but I did manage this little card for the Simply Less Is More blog where the theme is "the COLOURS of YOUR NATION'S FLAG!" Having been away for the weekend and busy yesterday, this is the first chance I've really had to catch up with the comments on all of the fabulous entries already posted on the LIM blog - if I haven't commented then I apologise, I'm trying to reach as many as I can but if I don't get to comment on yours then (trust me) it ISN'T because I don't like it - it's that I haven't had time! The standard and creativeness of the entries just keeps getting better every week and big thanks to Chrissie and Mandi for putting in so much time and effort to make these challenges so popular. Here is mine .........


Materials used:
  • C6 card and envelope
  • Michaels navy satin ribbon
  • Penny Black snowman image inked on white card and coloured using pro markers
  • Go Kreate die cuts
  • Fizzy Moon sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to base card
It's also What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday and I have lots of crafting to catch up on so my desk SHOULD be looking like a hurricane breezed through!




And I think you will agree, that it really does!!! Hope you are all enjoying a fabulous Wednesday ...... catch you all later!

27 comments:

Debs M said...

great lim card,i wouldn't have thought of an xmas card, glad you had a lovely meal out and a very interesting desk there x

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you managed time for a lovely card for us again Kathy! I wouldn't mind a rummage around the stuff on your desk either!
Thanks a lot.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. You think yours is bad...I've now spread myself out good and proper and taken over the dining room table again....oops! SO NOT THE PLAN.. ;oD

Fab snowman card. That Penny Black Snowy is one of my top 10 faves. The red, white and blue works perfectly. Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Of course, I blame you for the dining room table. Well it seemed only fair as you are not here to defend yourself....snigger...

Suze Bain said...

Great card Kathy, he's a super snowman. xx

Aileen said...

Love your snowman, he has such a happy face and doesn't look cold in his cosy hat and scarf. x

Brenda said...

Love the card! And your desk looks perfect - just like mine after a project!

Becky said...

Lovely card Kathy, The snowman is very cute. My desk is very tidy at the moment which I am sad about it means I have had no time to craft :(
Maybe tonight I will get chance *fingers crossed*
Becky x

Susan said...

Kathy, that little snowman is just too cute! Lovely card!

Rosemary said...

adorable snowman... great card!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful snowman stampimage!!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Very interesting desk, loads to see and looks like lots of goodies to play with too:0) Love your LIM card, good idea to make a Christmas one too, little snowy is just so much fun, love his bright red scarf, Gay xxx

Diane J said...

Aww I agree our cards are very different even though we have used the same stamp. Your card is lovely, like the way you have mounted onto red card x

Mandi said...

FAB card Kathy, belated congratulations for your anniversary. I do love to see others desks, haven't had chance to join in for ages

Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Valerie said...

Love the snowman Kathy, he looks like he's had a little drink!
Val x

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous LIM card miss kathy, I do soooo love that snowie he's beyond cute ! and your red, white and blue combo works so well for a Christmas card. Great desk piccies too.

hugs
wynneth
x

Lilian said...

Lovely card kathy well done. He is so cute. Take care. My table looked a bit like your desk yesterday with my two friends from club here.
Take care lilian

Jen W. said...

That PB snowman is one of my favourite Christmas stamps! Love his bright red scarf and hat! :)

Pauline said...

A lovely Christmas card, there's been quite a few this week, but I can't get in the Xmas spirit yet! Love the snowman, he looks so cozy under his bobble hat!

Charlotte said...

Very nice LIM card! Well done!
Greetings,
Charlotte

Faith A said...

Aw! what a cutie snowman, love your card

The Crafty Elf said...

Very nice card indeed! Your desk doesn't look like some bad weather happened it looks nicely creative and busy! Happy WOYWW :D

Vicky Hayes said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Kathy and just look at that exciting looking desk! Vx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is adorable! That little snowman with the hat over his eyes is too cute! The colors are perfect. Great job on the challenge and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!

Sasha said...

Super Chritmas card, Kathy. Great take on the challenge!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

LOVE this - I think this is my fav. snowman image - he's just so cute and his red hat and scarf are perfect.
Caroline xxx

Mrs.B said...

Great card, the snowman looks great with the red backing.
Avril