Friday, 19 August 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Hi there - me again,

Welcome to new follower, Helen Phillips, I hope you will find yourself popping back from time to time.

Hubby's spending his weekend at the BMSEE Exhibition in Thornbury, playing Biggles!, so I'm free to craft without guilt ..... again! He's there all day today, tomorrow and Sunday, me? I think I would rather stay at home crafting - yee haa!

Anyhoo, after a rather unsuccessful foray looking for a birthday present for a pal I decided that a jolt of caffeine was required and then ..... I so enjoyed making this morning's Christmas card and I thought the design would work for almost any occasion (I recently did something similar for a male birthday) so I thought I would have a go at another occasion. Decided to try my own personal nemesis - a sympathy card; everyone hates to make them but at some point will have to. What do you think ............ DOES it work as a sympathy card?


Materials used:
  • 8" square 300gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 5" square black panel
  • 4.75" white card panel brayered all over with D.I. pumice stone
  • Paper Artsy diamond image inked in pumice stone and stamped twice in opposing corners (same as the Christmas card)
  • Paper Artsy line image inked in versacolor gold (I used silver on the Christmas card)
  • Paper Artsy bloom image inked in Memento tuxedo black and stamped twice on the pumice stone background. Panel then matted on the black card layer and aligned to one corner.
  • Paper Artsy sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black and positioned diagonally across the opposing corner

I think it just might be CAS enough to enter in the Simply Less Is More "INKY" challenge as I've still got a couple of hours to the deadline - whaddya reckon folks? EDITED TO READ: of course the head LIM-ettes have quite rightly reminded me that this challenge is a ONE LAYER CARD so, sadly, my entry doesn't count - but they were very nice about the card anyway. Sorry, Chrissie and Mandi - I just got carried away with the whole INKY thing! Oooops

Hope you are having a most excellent Friday.

13 comments:

Monica said...

It is awesome... so subtle and a perfect sympathy card.

xxx Monica

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Kathy, both of your LIM cards are so gorgeous! I have gotten a million ideas from this weeks's challenge. I love how you've interpreted it. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog too!

scrappyjacky said...

Perfect for a sympathy card.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Another gorgeous card ...love the colours ....
hugs sylvie
xxx

Sandra said...

Lovely card, Sandra

lilybygilly said...

Great card - love the layout. Gill x

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is beautiful Kathy. Lx

Debs M said...

i think it does work as a sympathy card, just perfect x

Mandi said...

I love the stamped panel Kathy, I think Id have placed the sentiment straight, going into the square on the left as you look at it
Just my opinion of course
It is perfectly fine for a sympathy card, your efforts will be much appreciated
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours.
Avril

laurie said...

Perfect for a sympathy card!

Chrissie said...

Hi Kathy, this looks fabulous, but it doesn't exactly look like a One Layer card to me... however your main panel is just gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Louise said...

This is a perfect sympathy card. I really love the effect you have made with all the stamping and overstamping- it is so artistic (I wouldn't have the eye to know what to do!)