Afternoon folks,
FINALLY the rain has stopped though I think it may only be a temporary respite, the sun is shining .... a bit!
I tried to combine both the Sketchie and LIM card this morning. It is Craft Mad and Loving It's first birthday today and the challenge was to make a birthday card. I went a bit lateral with my entry as, since it's inception, I have made some great friends for life and have also been lucky enough to meet quite a number and feel privileged to have done so. I've gone with the LIM theme of CIRCLES and turned it in to the Circle of life which you will see reflected in my card, insert and envelope below. I hope you will like it and I hope that both challenges will accept this as my entry.
Materials used:
- 5" square white 300gsm card and envelope + 100 gsm insert
- Black card Die cut with a circular design in two sizes
- Die cute white card circles to fit in the centre of the black circles
- Lavinia image inked in versamark on to the larger white circle and heat embossed using Sparkle n' Sprinkles wondrous Black Magic embossing powder which was then attached to the larger black circle
- Kaisercraft sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black on to the smaller white circle which was then adhered to the smaller black circle.
AND THE INSERT - which has yet more circles in the shape of my Martha Stewart corner punch too!
Additionally a Kaisercraft sentiment (from the same sentiment set) and the Lavinia image inked in memento tuxedo black
AND THE ENVELOPE
Hope your afternoon is going well and that your chosen activity for today hasn't been spoiled by the rain.
55 comments:
This is super Kathy
So striking. love the dandelion, Im a sucker for them!
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is More"
as if crafting could be spoilt by rain!! lovely card and thought behind it..may go for something not quite birthday myself x
Wow Kathy that was quick for the LIM card.
Beautiful card and love the dandelion, plus love your ATC below. Annette x
Gorgeous Kathy - I just love B&W
Margaret x
Love black & white together. Great card.
Sharon x
Hola Kathy, i'm so glad to see you, thank you for your comment.
Fantastic card Kathy, i love the flower in the circle,beautiful envelope, great idea.Well done
A hug from Palma, have a nice week
Gorgeous set, great black&white combo :)
A lovely card set Kathy. Stylish in B & W.
Sally x
It's a very beautiful card.
Have a nice weekend
Lovely, simple and elegant. Love the black and white and co-ordinating the inside and envelope. Clever girl!
Sandy
Oh this is VERY PRETTY Kathy. Chic!
Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!
wonderful in Black & White!
and your ATC´s below are fantatsic too!
fab! x
I love those circles, what a great design! Fab work. Kim
I love dandelions too Kathy, so this is a favourite for me!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"
A gorgeous card
Great card Kathy, such a gorgeous stamp. Love the matching envelope too :o) Lisa x
Kathy K What can I say ! Lovely work , that dandelion is superb , just love your circles.
Marie
Excellent take on the Circles theme Your Purpleness. I like it a lot. Lx
Super card Kathy.
Lynne xxx
I love it Kathy and love the decorated envelope too I lobe getting a decorated envelope.
lovely card
Beautifully designed Kathy, a great card.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
Beautiful card Kathy! :)
Lizy x
Gorgeous card Kathy Love the fact that you have decorated the whole card and envelope. Hugs Sally xxx
T really like the idea behind the card, and the card itself is just lovely.
Love the circle of life idea and it looks great in black and white. Love the decorated envie too.
oh hun these are gorgeous cards,just love them to bits,hugs cheryl x
Super card Kathy, love the circle of life idea. Carol x
Hi Kathy, Great card, lots of lovely contrast, I too am a bit of a sucker for dandelion heads, love them. Have a great day, hope the sun shines for a little longer, Gay xxx
Love the black and white, very striking.
Such a striking and dramatic card, I love black and white and you have used it perfectly.
irene
xxxx
Wow, Kathy. This is beautiful. Your card caught my eye in the thumbnails....very striking in black and white, but the whole ensemble is a lovely touch! Love it :-)
A lot of thought went into this card making it even more special. XOXO Zoe
A lovely card for this challenge. Well done.
Maureen.......x
You can view mine here
this card is beautiful, I love the striking black and white, and that seed head image is perfect!
Kelly xx
So striking, love the B&W and the envelope is pretty stunning too
Love both of your cards but my favourite has got to be this one .Beautifully done .x
what a lovely card and envelope set!
Wonderful set, very dramatic! Love the dandelion!
Lynne x
Very elegant, love it. Hazel x
Just love dandelion heads, great card.
Linbyx
I just love those nesties...and the dandelions are fab! Great card!
Gorgeous card with a beautiful dandelion!!
Great card, very elegant withe black and white, I love that image.
Great card, love the sparkle on the dandelion.
Wow Kathy, this is fabulous,
Beryl x
Great bold colours and wonderful stamps...
Beautiful cards x
Love your card!
I love this Kathy... fabulous!
Sue :)
Super monochrome card and ooh, I love that circle border nestie! xx
Great card Kathy, love black and white it looks really bold, caught my eye!
Jo x
This is wonderful...all the little touches coordinating! ;)
Love this stamp and what an elegant card!
Anne
x
Post a Comment