Sunday, 17 July 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi folks,

I FINALLY got round to a photobucket slide show ..... of course, it's only got the photos I had shrunk and not yet deleted from my photo software so it will grow some time soon - in the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy it - such as it is.

I've also made a decision not to participate in further blog awards. Whilst it's lovely to receive them and flattering too, some of them can be quite time consuming to participate in - requiring that you pass it on to a certain number and post on those people's blogs and also to share stuff too - so I hope that no-one will be offended that I have made this decision. I would hate to offend any of my blogging buddies.

Right - oh and back to the crafting. Further to my recent inspiration in the form of the Kate Crane DVD's on art journalling. I started working on three ATC blanks. Well you've seen two of them and now here's the third.


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Clear gesso
  • Acrylic paints in pearl, eggplant, peach bellini and copper
  • Tops from various household bits and pieces
  • Sequin waste
  • Ranger spreader
  • Circle of card made in to a flower!
  • Paper artsy sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black and cut out, dabbed with memento grape jelly
  • Lavinia dandelion head inked in memento tuxedo black
  • SU .6mm marker pen for outlining and drawing petals on to my "flower head"
Hope you liked it and are enjoying a fab Sunday


9 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, I have to say I think you've found your style here, this is really something. I love this ATC it's brill, oh and it's purple I see LOL Gay xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

wonderful. x

Debs M said...

Kathy, i have been considering this for a while, saying no to blogger awards, i keep seeing badges on peoples blogs stating 'say no to blog awards'. I think it makes me suspicious that you have to tell people about yourself..you know i don't put much else apart from pics and craft chat on my blog , i just didn't want to offend anyone....

Debs M said...

sorry didn't mention your atc, love the fab colours and elements x

Debs M said...

it's the only badge i've seen! :)

Brenda Brown said...

Fantabulous Kathy - just love this one too. It is so rich in colour and has great depth to it. Bravo - I want more!!!!
Hope your Sunday is going well, all the kids and little ones will be here soon for dinner.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Maureen said...

Lovely ATC, great colours, well done. Thanks for letting me know about the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Maureen........x

lbwright22-loopylou said...

These ATC cards which you have made from watching the DVD are amazing. I bet you are really proud of the results. Worth all the work which went into them. Have you plans to make some more?
BTW I got Mum a Kindle for her bday (today) and she is thrilled with it. Are you still madly using yours?

Dolly Daydreams said...

Kathy this is fabulous ! Wonderful techniques and you achieved such marvelous results , love the darkness of the piece.

Marie