Morning all,
How is it with you? It's really rather grey here and rain is threatened ...... again! Like we didn't have enough yesterday. Our back garden slopes and we stood in amazement just watching the water running down the path toward the house yesterday around 6 - 7pm. When we first moved in my hubby and a neighbour dug out an additional drainage channel for just such occasions and this came in soooooooooo handy yesterday.
My surrogate daughters were at the Take That concert in London yesterday evening - they thought they had tickets to Cardiff recently but that turned out not to be the case so they were both thrilled at the opportunity to go last night and I'm sure they are both lying in this morning!!! Hope to catch up with them later and find out just HOW FAB it was.
Saturday is challenge day for me - no housework till they're both done!! I usually do the sketchie over on the craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It and have done since November of 2008!!! I've also taken to completing a Clean And Simple challenge, and sometimes more than one!, over on the Simply Less Is More blog too, so here goes ....
Over on Simply Less Is More it's One Layer Card week with the theme of ANYTHING WITH LEGS!!! I already had an idea ....... and here it is ......
Materials used:
- 5" square scalloped white, 300gsm card and envelope
- Marvy le plume grey marker
- Papermania sentiment inked in london fog
- Lavinia fairy on a toadstool image and mini toadstools images inked in Memento tuxedo black
- Quickie glue pen and glamour dust applied to the fairy wings
Over on the craftbubble group CRAFT MAD AND LOVING IT it is Lauren's turn to set the sketch and it's theme - she has chosen "Shabby Chic" and here is her sketch to follow ....
In the meantime - have a fabulous Saturday and a great weekend everyone. Do check back later to see what I've come up with ........
63 comments:
Fabulous card, and great use of the Lavinia stamps.
Cathy xx
This is a lovely card and the image is fab Kathy!
Hope you have a lovely Saturday!
Hugs Kobie
Love it Kathy!
Margaret x
Lovely card, th elavinia stamp is beautiful. I have a similar one and rarely use it will dig it out now and have a go.
Claire x
Love the image, not really into fairies but this lovely
Morning Kathy. Wow! LOVE that CAS Card. How beautiful it is! Look forward to some shabby chic later - talk about opposite ends of the scale eh... Lx
Just gorgeous - it's a beautiful image.
WOW love this, her wings glisten so beautifully
Super card and I like the scallop edge to add some depth. Lovely image. Hope the dug out channel remains deep enough for along time yet!
Great card Kathy, love the stamp!
Jo s
great card , like the suitlote effect of it
Nicky
Lovely card and a very pretty image.
oh hun this is just gorgeous oh just love love that image,so beautiful hugs cheryl x
I'm loving what I'm seeing people make with the Lavinia stamps....might have to go on my shopping list.
Beautiful card, the image is fab xx
just fabulous!!
Oh wow this is a fabulous card for LIM Kathy, so love it. Annette x
What a fab way to use those luscious Lavinia Stamps Kathy. Works perfectly with your placement and glitter and sentiment. Can't wait to see your shabby chic as well. Hope you haven't been washed away! Hugs Cherry XxX
Oh WOW how gorgeous is that iamge, just love it!!
Love this Kathy, it's a gorgeous stamp. Carol x
Hi Kathy
love your card....Fab...and your new pHOTO.....
Hugs sylvie
xxxx
One of my favourite stamps Kathy .. lovely card
Sue x
Lovely card, love that stamp.
Lynne xxx
You've used that gorgeous stamp beautifully :-)
Lovely legs, great stamps, must try the broken borders.
Well she's certainly got legs - and she doesn't even need them with those wings! A lovely card Kathy, your border looks great with the image. And I agree - please no more rain!
Brilliant, love it. Hazel x
What a gorgeous card Kathy - I love Lavinia stamps and this looks amazing in b&w.
tara x
What a beautiful fairy, i nearly got some Lavinia stamps last week at the show, but chickened out! I've got too much stash as it is!
A great card
Fabulous card Kathy, gorgeous image
Beryl x
Great card Kathy, that's a lovely image!
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"
Kathy, I love that image! I'm really thinking I need to get me some fairy stamps! My Card
Such a gorgeous image. Fab. xx
Fabulous card love it
ali x
Love the fairy on the toadstool. I'm sure you could do heaps with her. She looks great as she is though on a clean and simple card. x
Gorgeous card Kathy love the wings!
Val x
great card for the challenge! love the little fairy!
Gorgeous card, I love your doodling edging and the way you've left a space for the sentiment
Love your Lavinia Stamps fairy card hon. Brilliant.
Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!
Kathy your work is going from strength to strength. This is gorgeous so beautifully created.
Marie
Fabulous card Kathy
I almost did a fairy for this week
Great to see you
Thanks very much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"
Lovely card XOXO Zoe
Great card and love the image.
Kath x
Beautiful card! love that stamp
isa
Lovely card-that fairy stamp is great!
Hi Kathy, Love Lavinia stamps and your card is gorgeous, neat border too:0) Oh! I keep forgetting to say I love your new profile photo, you look great and really happy, good job, Gay xxx
Lovely card XOXO Zoe
Love Lavinia stamps but i don't own any, might have to rectify that sometime. Your card is stunning and love the colours:-)
Brilliant card Kathy, love the fairy stamps xxx
What a great card and love the image!
You've made such a gorgeous card x
Fab card, such a gorgeous stamp and love your doodled border :o) Lisa x
What a lovely card and the sentiment is perfect for that image!
Hi Kathy, what a beautiful stamp and a gorgeous card. Am green with envy that you girls made it to a TT concert, would've love to have gone to one! Sarah
Great card, I love the shading n the image it works really well :-)
Great card, love the effect you have achieved.
Linbyx
Fabulous image, love the sketched style and great border too!
Sandy
Hi Kathy, i'm quite new to blog land & challenges, But you card for the less is more challenge is fab, the image looks great in black.
Angelic x
Very striking, great Lavinia stamp.
Just love Lavinias stamps and what a great job you have done the card is stunning Luv Sue x
Gorgeous card with this beautiful fairy!!
Great card, well done :O) Viv xx
Post a Comment