Friday, 24 June 2011

Friday Funny

Hi there,

Welcome to new followers Mustavcoffee and Jo Street and also to the end of another week ...... and the start of another weekend!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!

I went off to the hairdressers this morning so didn't have the chance to craft until my return ... which was a tad frustrating. I wanted to do some work with acetate and had (what I thought) was a brilliant idea. I had some digital images which I put together in a DTP programme and then sent to print on acetate - UH OH!! My inkjet printer didn't much care for the project and the ink resolutely refused to dry - BUM!
Ooopsie - spot the beautifully smudged sentiment!

On to plan B) which was to print said project on my laser printer - UH OH - turns out my laser printer didn't like the project either and declined my instruction to print at all - jamming my acetate firmly in the machinery - cheers lads! Now, do I have a plan C)? I do .... and I'm off in search of the necessary household materials for plan C) - wish me luck. All this wrestling with technology is giving me a headache!

The lovely folks at Bah Humbug have unveiled this weeks Christmas card challenge and it is ........... (small fanfare please!)  - PENGUINS. Fancy having a go? then pop over to their blog which can be found here I have been playing along for a while now and find myself well on target with my Christmas card collection - in fact I have amassed 80 so far! YAY . . . I should have plenty ready for me to start writing nice and early .......

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of my stitching pal Lilian - thanks Lilian - ENJOY!!!


Waiting in Doncaster to catch speeding drivers, a police officer sees a car puttering along at 22 mph.

Says he to himself, "This driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies, two in the front seats and three in the back ... wide eyed and white as ghosts.

The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand, I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma'am," the officer replies, "You weren't speeding but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit? No sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly ... twenty-two miles an hour!" the old woman says, a bit proudly.
The police officer, trying to contain a chuckle explains to her that A22 is the road number not the speed limit.

A bit embarrassed, the woman grins and thanks the officer for pointing out her error.
"Before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask ... Is everyone in this car OK? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't made a sound this whole time," the officer asks.
"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute officer. We've just come off the A120."

If you have a "funny" you would like me to share then please either paste it in to a comment or leave me your e-mail address in a comment (I promise not to publish your e-mail address) - and I will, of course, credit you for providing it. If enough people donate a funny then I'll put names in a hat and have a THANK YOU draw later in the year too.

Have a fabulous weekend - catch you all tomorrow, when It's sketchie day and the new LIM challenge!!! - don't be late!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to Try Try again and achieve your goal of not letting it get the better of you!

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh Dear !!!!! I've played this game before miss kathy ! good luck with Plan C :O)

hugs
wynneth
x