Sunday, 5 June 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Hi there,

Rosies themed challenge over on Craft Mad & Loving It was WISHES . . . . I came up with "When you wish upon a star" which made me think of this Paper Artsy starlet image. Because this image reminds me of Jean Harlow (though I couldn't swear that's who it's meant to be!) I thought of black and white as she was, after all, a black and white movie star!!!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square 300gsm white scalloped card
  • Papermania monochrome paper cut 13cm square
  • Black card cut 14cm square
  • Corrugated cardboard die cut in to a circle
  • Black card die cut in to a scalloped rectangle
  • Die cut flowers in the same papermania paper and black card and the edges curled
  • Black and white striped ribbon
  • Paper Artsy image inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out
  • Black card candy
  • Faux crystal gemstone


And it seemed only fair to co-ordinate the envelope and insert, except I inked the insert in memento london fog for a softer look

Hope you like it.

Then it was the turn of the June Scrap Addicts challenge, set this month by Kylie from Australia. She set a sketch and this is my layout using it.




Hope you like the things I've posted today - would love to read your comments.

3 comments:

jackid said...

Love them both Kathy great card love the idea of using cardboard and your LO is winderful
Jacki xx

Katiejane said...

What a perfect card Kathy, Love the co-ordinating insert and envelope! Very chic.
Nice to see you scrapping again too, great layout.
Katie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving your 'wishing' creation kathy, great elements and image.

Nice to see one of your wedding pics in a layout ! I really must try and find the time to do a LO for the June challenge !
hugs
wynneth
x