Friday, 3 June 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi folks, me again.

After no crafting for a couple of days I thought I'd best get crafting again although my husband did suggest I could sell all of my materials and retire on the proceeds!!!

This morning saw a packet arrive in the post, the packet contained two coasters and a letter regarding the whisky - in itself not particularly interesting - at least not according to my husband! He sited the coasters and recycled the letter which I then "rescued"!!! I was taken with the image in the bottom left corner and set to work with my gesso and alcohol inks!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Advertising material which arrived in this morning's post
  • Clear gesso mixed with alcohol inks in red pepper and caramel and applied over the entire ATC using a brush and set aside to dry
  • Tim Holtz sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black
  • Sequin waste through which Distress ink in pumice stone was inked and finally Black Soot applied to the edges

How's your Friday? We have a slightly blowy but glorious day - what my mum would have called splendid "drying" weather so I have general laundry, sheets and towels all blowing on the line in the hope they will be dry in time for us to light the new BBQ and enjoy our dinner "al fresco" this evening!

For those of you familiar with my habit of doing challenges at the weekend I shall be checking out the sketch over at Craft Mad & Loving It and also the Simply Less Is  More blog in the morning although, if the weather is good again tomorrow - hubby has threatened to drag me off out for the day!!! If that happens then I may be AWOL all day but have photos to scrap when I get home!! A win win day!

8 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy - hasn't it just been a glorious day. We are going down to the coast tonight for a walk and something to eat and then BBQ tomorrow night.
Love how you have used the advertising material for this fab ATC and looking back I see you had a great day with your friend too. As you say it's a win/win. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Cherry said...

Love this Kathy and a new way to use gesso too - great tip. Everything just works about this ATC - really like the diets effect you have achieved. - so clever. Have a great BBQ - yummy. Hugs Cherry XXx

Lindsey said...

Jaw droppingly stunning! Hope you are enjoying your BBQ
Linds x

Debs M said...

great atc, have a great evening x

Sarah said...

HI Kathy, my goodness you are one creative lady! I would never have thought of doing this with the corner of a letter. Just fab. Sarah

Tricia :O) said...

I Love ATC's Kathy and your ATC is GORGEOUS, He really made me look at him. lovely. I'm from New Zealand so no BBQ's here, currently raining and cold so lots of time to look at blogs and get crafty :O) Have a lovely weekend. Tricia :O)

My name is Wynneth said...

What a triumph of recycling !! Well done on rescuing that splendid image and turning it into such a great creation. I haven't tried the clear gesso - think I'd better get me some !!

It certainly was a fabulous day, sooo hot - TTWD has enjoyed sunbathing and swimming in the brook when we went for walkies ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun love what you have done here you are so clever love it hugs cheryl xxxxx